Unable to Access Database with Sentinel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Hi all!
I have been a longtime happy user of the Uniden Sentinel BCDX36HP software for programming my 536 HP. However within the past few weeks I've begun getting an error message whenever I load the software or try to update the database that reads as follows:

Extending gz file was failure
Access to the path C:programData\Uniden\HomePatrol_Sentinel\Database\MasterHpdb.hp1 is denied

It says you need to reinstall the Sentinel software, but I have done this multiple times and the problem persists. I am running the most current version of the software.

I know others have had this problem. A Google search turned up an old forum with the same problem. Unfortunately the guy fixed his own issue somehow but didn't share with the forum how he did so.

It's frustrating because I'm visually impaired and the computer-based software is really the only way I can independently modify programming in my scanner.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hit_Factor

I suggest uninstalling, manually delete anything left over in the documents\uniden folder.

Then reinstall the latest version.

Read from your scanner and you should be good to go.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
I suggest uninstalling, manually delete anything left over in the documents\uniden folder.

Then reinstall the latest version.

Read from your scanner and you should be good to go.

Thank you! This is exactly what it took, and it's working now. I guess I'm just not tech smart enough for all this stuff, lol.

But for anyone's future reference, it takes deleting the database files (everything Uniden related) from the Program Data folder. Just uninstalling/reinstalling the software and deleting the .exe files isn't sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.