Data Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanken

Not sure where this should be posted but this might be the best place. To reset or clear user data in the BCD536HP it requires me to hold the 2, 9 and the System button while you turn on the scanner. As we all get older our dexterity decreases which almost makes this impossible. Those of us that have lost the use of one hand, this process is impossible. Please change this and any process requiring multiple key operation to a menu item or something less taxing to those of us that are restricted in our physical abilities.
Thanks
Ken

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What are you trying to accomplish? The process you describe is a master re-set to factory defaults. It is a "nuclear option" which wipes out everything to the initial settings. Thus is should be difficult (but not impossible) to do.

If you are wanting to clear data, such as the master database, favorites lists and profile, then a write to scanner in Sentinel should do the trick. (You'd have to do that anyway if you did a factory re-set.)

caravanken

Reset All

[Thank you for the input. I did not find this in the manuals but then again I am probably overlooking. Thanks for the reply.
Ken

caravanken

Reset All

What are you trying to accomplish? The process you describe is a master re-set to factory defaults. It is a "nuclear option" which wipes out everything to the initial settings. Thus is should be difficult (but not impossible) to do.

If you are wanting to clear data, such as the master database, favorites lists and profile, then a write to scanner in Sentinel should do the trick. (You'd have to do that anyway if you did a factory re-set.)

QUOTE=Ubbe;2999912]You have it in the Menu/Restore Options/Clear User Data and also Reset User Settings in the same sub menu.

/Ubbe[/QUOTE]

I just got the radio from the first owner and I wanted to reset it to ground zero. Your right it should be difficult but one of my hands is almost useless due to loss of muscle control it required some inventive measures.

I did not find that it is in the menu until after I got it reset. I searched both factory and Mark's Manual for the process.

Thank you for your input.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.