Used bcd996t from SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimthehamnut

Hi all,

I have a used bcd996t scanner that belonged to a good friend and fellow ham that sadly has passed away.
I was able to find a owners manual .PDF file and successfully downloaded the Editing software however it seems it is stuck in "Demo mode". I cannot write anything that I edit to the scanner. The software is asking for a registration key. Does anyone know how I can obtain a key for this scanner?
Thank you for your time.
Jim

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I have a used bcd996t scanner that belonged to a good friend and fellow ham that sadly has passed away.
I was able to find a owners manual .PDF file and successfully downloaded the Editing software however it seems it is stuck in "Demo mode". I cannot write anything that I edit to the scanner. The software is asking for a registration key. Does anyone know how I can obtain a key for this scanner?
Thank you for your time.
Jim

It's not the scanner it is the software. Try downloading FREESCAN and using that to program the 996T.

jimthehamnut

Thanks '56

Hi '56,

Yep, knew it was the software. Thanks for recommending Freescan to me.

I downloaded Freescan and had it working in minutes. Downloaded the data from the 996t with Freescan and was able to add channels, edit what I wanted and uploaded everything back into the 996t without any trouble. Saved a copy and now I'm a happy camper.
Thanks again,
Jim

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Hi '56,

Yep, knew it was the software. Thanks for recommending Freescan to me.

I downloaded Freescan and had it working in minutes. Downloaded the data from the 996t with Freescan and was able to add channels, edit what I wanted and uploaded everything back into the 996t without any trouble. Saved a copy and now I'm a happy camper.
Thanks again,
Jim

Glad you got it working for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.