Need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Good Afternoon All,

I need a little help with Modulation and Atternuator, should Modulation be Auto, NFM, or FM and should Atternuator be on or off for the BCD436HP in Sentinel ? A lot of different opinions on this subject.

Thanks

dallascowboys

need a little help

Just a general question some say for Modulation leave auto and some say NFM or FM and Atternuator should be off but some say having it to on makes certain things come in clearer .

mule1075

Feed Provider
Just a general question some say for Modulation leave auto and some say NFM or FM and Atternuator should be off but some say having it to on makes certain things come in clearer .
Understand fully. I try not to use the att on uniden models as they have a better front end than other brands being sold. That being said play around a bit that makes the hobby more enjoyable. You never know what you might find be it a unknown tac channel or something similar.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My suggestion is to set modulation to Auto at first. Then try the other settings to see if you get better/more pleasing reception, if so, use that.

Attenuation is used where you have "too much" signal coming, such as with a simulcast system. Maybe a poor example, but attenuation is like using a lousy antenna.

Unfortunately there are no hard and fast rules. These settings are there because of so many variables that can be in play. Trial and error is the only practical way to know which to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.