Programming as OFT or Mototrbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I have a City DMR System that uses 2 frequencies with 3 talkgroups each. Is there any difference in the way the radio handles these where I could program either way? They both give me the option to enter more than one frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I have a City DMR System that uses 2 frequencies with 3 talkgroups each. Is there any difference in the way the radio handles these where I could program either way? They both give me the option to enter more than one frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What type of DMR system?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
Monitor the frequencies in conventional mode - look for the "type" the radio displays for each frequency -- DMR, CON, CAP, DT3, etc.

If CON, CAP or DT3, you'll want to program them as MotoTRBO (and find/set the proper LCNs).

If DMR, I believe Uniden's position is that it is best to program them as OFT.

FWIW - I have a facility near me that has two active frequencies -- one frequency is used as a CAP system ... the other is DMR... point being that you need to look at each frequency as they may be different and/or not really part of a single "system".

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - I have a facility near me that has two active frequencies -- one frequency is used as a CAP system ... the other is DMR... point being that you need to look at each frequency as they may be different and/or not really part of a single "system".

Fire is on one freq and police is on the other with 3 talkgroups each.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.