BCD396XT/BCD996XT: BCD996XT for $99 at Radio Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

spumwuzzle

My local Radio Shack had quite a few items on clearance - most concentrated at the front of the store, and a few scattered about. I found a BCD996XT for $99.47, marked "limited to stock on hand". I asked if that meant it was a demo. Manager checked the computer, and they had three, new in the box.

One of the three came home with me.

They also had the Pro-197 for $87.47.

The only downside is that now I need to buy a $300 Windows laptop to run the available programming software, as I am a Mac guy, and there is pretty much jack for the Mac. If I'm going to have to buy Windows to run on the Mac, I'll just spend the extra and have a cheap dedicated radio laptop.

I guess I could look at it like I paid full price for the BCD996XT, and got a free laptop. : )

But, the point is, check out your local Radio Shack.

spumwuzzle

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Where in Chicagoland are you or I should say the RS in question......

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Spumwuzzle. I bought another 996XT for $349 a couple of months ago at RS and thought I got a bargain.
For $99, that has to be a new record low price. Congratulations and enjoy.
Steve AA6IO

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
He doesn't answer my question on the RS location, must have gone back and bought the other two!!...I also live in "Chicagoland" but there are a million RS stores, I don,t want the mess called a BS536....

cpuerror

JustLou

He doesn't answer my question on the RS location, must have gone back and bought the other two!!...I also live in "Chicagoland" but there are a million RS stores, I don,t want the mess called a BS536....

...Or made the whole thing up since it's his only post, and the radio still sells for $499 on the RS website.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I tried 2 local (Chicagoland) RS stores and the 396XT is their regular price. They had no idea why a store in the area would sell them for $99. Hence the troll remark.

wise871

Database Admin
Looks like the sale is legit seeing I picked up the 197 for the price he mentioned. They had no 996XT in stock but they did have a 396XT at regular price. My store also had a Pro-106 on sale for a few dollars more than the 197, I believe it was $93.

desertscan

just got 1

thanks.
Just got A pro-197 for $150.99 + tax.
great addition to my 2 pro-106's

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Went to my local RS, he has a 396XT on shelf , $469.95, I asked where is the close out price?...He said there is no close out price , that's the price....I said call me when its $99.00, he said no sense leaving your TX #.....

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Stopped by my local RS tonight. They had a clearance tag for the Pro-197 at about $130 but no display unit. Had them check, not in stock and nothing anywhere in the division either.

Status
Not open for further replies.