I bought this scanner PRIMARILY because...

I purchased the Uniden BCD536HP PRIMARILY because...

• I needed/wanted the Siren App and/or Analyze features

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • I needed/wanted P25 Phase II in a scanner

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I wanted a scanner that would record all the action

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wanted a GPS enabled scanner

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I liked the idea of the Home Patrol but this scanner is the best of both worlds

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • The expanded display sold me on this scanner

• I just needed to upgrade to a more modern scanner

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have to have the latest and greatest - no other reason

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • UPMan could sell me anything - love that guy!

• Some other reason not listed

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

With so many people upset with the delays in releasing the Analyze features and Siren App in the BCD536HP scanner. The scanning community is curious as to what YOUR PRIMARY REASON for purchasing this scanner was.

kb8rvp

BCD536HP I bought this scanner PRIMARILY because...

I needed a new mobile scanner it's the best by far thanks Uniden...

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I wanted P25 Phase II, plus I liked the scanner's features. I did not have the headphone repair done because my unit is mobile. I have ot connected to GPS, another plus. I sincerely believe there are a hell of a lot more plusses than minuses. BTW, I also own GRE. No loyalty, I buy what fits my needs.

henrygb

"I liked the idea of the Home Patrol (with te extreme upgrade) but this scanner is the best of both worlds"

wise871

Database Admin
-Home Patrol database in a XT case design.
-WiFi to use as remote and listen to local systems when out of town.
-Record Capability.
-P25 Phase 2.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Already present HP-1 features, plus new ones for the new x36 models, in more of a 996XT form factor. Don't give a hairy rats behind about the Wi-Fi feature and Siren app. Dongles remain in their respective boxes, maybe to never get used.

:)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
More information on the display.
Improved simulcast reception.
SD card programming.
Being able to do scanning while traveling without having to spent time programming the scanner.
Ability to internally record transmissions.

Jake68111

To bad one couldn't vote for multiple reasons as listed but this time around I wanted the latest and greatest and was in position to do so.

While the Analyze feature and Siren App are a disappointment as of this post, I'm fairly confident that Uniden, as a whole will deliver as my patience lingers.

Can't wait for the day I click the old RR tab in my favorites list and see, in all its beauty, the post that introduces the features that have yet to come to fruition.

I will be like a kid in a candy store but until then, I'll just go give that little knob on the lower right hand side a click to the right and enjoy what this scanner, like any other scanner, was intended to do.

JoeyC

Owners and prior owners too. We are wanting to see what the reasons were for buying the scanner. If you chose the last option Some other reason not listed, please explain here. Thanks!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Awwww... no love for Paul yet :(

Not surprising really. What with him being the face on Uniden here on RR, and some folks being kind of pissed at Uniden for their failure (up to this point at least) to deliver on certain advertised features, he'll be lucky to get any votes at all.

( for the record, i am not one of those pissed at uniden or UPMan. my two 536's do exactly what i want/need them to do and am very happy with them. :) )

Last edited:

omrail

-WiFi to use as remote and listen to local systems when out of town.
-Record Capability.
-Home Patrol database in a case design.

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
With so many people upset with the delays in releasing the Analyze features and Siren App in the BCD536HP scanner. The scanning community is curious as to what YOUR PRIMARY REASON for purchasing this scanner was.

OWNERS ONLY please!

not sure why you dont want to hear from those of us that would have liked to buy this scanner but didnt because of the issues with not having the app.

seams like a silly poll, not sure who in the "scanner community" cares why people bought it, I think most only care about is when is Uniden going to fix it and deliver what they promised.

JoeyC

not sure why you dont want to hear from those of us that would have liked to buy this scanner but didnt because of the issues with not having the app.

seams like a silly poll, not sure who in the "scanner community" cares why people bought it, I think most only care about is when is Uniden going to fix it and deliver what they promised.

I don't want to hear from any whiney babies because there are 50 other threads already for that. Don't like this one, move on. :roll:

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
I don't want to hear from any whiney babies because there are 50 other threads already for that. Don't like this one, move on. :roll:

most of the "whiney babies" are those that bought the scanner.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Let's try and keep this thread focused on the original question:

"The scanning community is curious as to what YOUR PRIMARY REASON for purchasing this scanner was."

sfd119

Can you split the voting up? Analyze and Wifi are different features and I think it skews it a bit.

JoeyC

Good point. Its not a scientific poll of course, but I wanted to see approximately what percentage of ppl were looking for the features that haven't been released yet vs. everything else. A good one to differentiate would be:

• Analyze
  • Wifi App
  • Anything else
There are only 10 choices allowed, and multiple choices could have been made as well as making the results public (which would have validated the results a little better).

I see Paul got a vote. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.