436/536HP now available at Walmart..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Uniden is digging for sales at this point selling radios to Walmart. HAHA> Nobody goes to Walmart to buy a 600 dollar scanner radio. Its a niche market for this hobby industry.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Last time I checked Walmart the "price was not right". You can buy them cheaper on EBAY and free shipping and pay no tax.

No brainer.

durangoGreg

Uniden is just digging the hole deeper.

How many people at Walmart are going to be checking online sites to find out that the Siren App, Analyze, and WiFi are not working yet? All of those features are prominently marked on the box as being included.

I also doubt that Walmart employees would even know that these features were missing.

The average Walmart customer will buy the scanner, have trouble locating any of these features .They will think they are doing something wrong, until they go online and find out that they were another victim of "false advertising".

At least Walmart has a generous return policy. Not like most shops that charge a restocking fee, even if the customer was taken in by false advertising.

bwilborn

How many people at Walmart are going to be checking online sites to find out that the Siren App, Analyze, and WiFi are not working yet? All of those features are prominently marked on the box as being included.

If I were to guess, not many. I get the impression that these missing features are only being complained about by a vocal few.

KF6DGN

Walmart has a lot of things online that they don't have in the store. My store doesn't have scanners but I also bought the BC75 at Walmart online and had it shipped to my local store. I do this a lot. Always check the Walmart price before hitting that submit button. I doubt very many stores will actually carry the BCD436HP.

lost_in_maine

These are sold by a separate vendor that Walmart uses,,,The can only be ordered online..
Using my Walmart Credit Card, I am still protected, like I bought it in the store
ordered it late last night, and was shipped today for free..

I_am_Alpha1

Actually being sold be "isave" and not Wally World. Other companies do the same thing--rent out webspace (amazon, sears, etc). Can not return to Wally World--buyer beware.

From Wally World's website:

You will receive support for items purchased from a Marketplace Retailer directly from the retailer, including customer service, exchanges and returns.

lost_in_maine

Actually being sold be "isave" and not Wally World. Other companies do the same thing--rent out webspace (amazon, sears, etc). Can not return to Wally World--buyer beware.

From Wally World's website:

You will receive support for items purchased from a Marketplace Retailer directly from the retailer, including customer service, exchanges and returns.

I understand about the returns etc, But, at the end of the day I still have my warranty from Uniden...
And for me being in failing health, I'd like to live out my final days listening to it...
My warranty and service agreements in my body have about expired...
I'm sure this radio will outlive me...

FWIW..2 days free shipping to my door from NY to Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.