I like my HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockedin

Actually, I love it. Good reception with rubber antenna and now has great reception with Discone.
I love the record and playback feature. Volume is excellent. I was concerned about that since I don't hear like I used too but no worries. I don't even have it on full volume if I'm next to it.
CT state police blowing my doors off. Great listening.

Now looking at the BCD436HP. Lol
I like the idea of being able to take it on vacation and just punch in the zip code where u are.

Anyways, if anyone is considering the Home Patrol and like me have been away from hobby for 30 years, you can't go wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. Works great and you get the SMA/PL25 connector to hook to coax if you decide to install a base antenna. Don't loose that adapter!
Very short learning curve with this scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Actually, I love it. Good reception with rubber antenna and now has great reception with Discone.
I love the record and playback feature. Volume is excellent. I was concerned about that since I don't hear like I used too but no worries. I don't even have it on full volume if I'm next to it.
CT state police blowing my doors off. Great listening.

Now looking at the BCD436HP. Lol
I like the idea of being able to take it on vacation and just punch in the zip code where u are.

Anyways, if anyone is considering the Home Patrol and like me have been away from hobby for 30 years, you can't go wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. Works great and you get the SMA/PL25 connector to hook to coax if you decide to install a base antenna. Don't loose that adapter!
Very short learning curve with this scanner.
The HP-2 (as well as HP-1) has the best display, hands down, as any scanner. As you've discovered, with a good antenna, it's also a good listening scanner, pulling in systems very well.

Should you decide to purchase a 436HP, you can jump start your programming by exporting the Favorites lists from your HP-2's Sentinel software, then import them into the version of Sentinel for the 436/536HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.