Christmas present from uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

So last year whistler gave us nxdn for Christmas
What will uniden come to the party with this year come on now uniden the x36 Scanner’s are 5 yrs old and you’ve had a year to do something with nxdn
When will we be able to pre order your next flagship that does nxdn ?
[emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Been about a year now since Whistler released NXDN, give or take, so now, by the time Uniden finally releases NXDN, (if they do) it will be old news, since most everyone who really wants it will have gotten either a Whistler or other workaround, so it is kind of pointless at this stage. They are really gonna have to go big now to make an impression large enough to have us spend big bucks for a new scanner.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Remember, Whistler scanners do not track DMR or NXDN. Uniden scanenrs actually track DMR, and I am still thinking they are working on gettnig them to track NXDN

D

DaveNF2G

Uniden is not going to announce anything that they are not ready to sell, even if it costs them sales (which it does).

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I still believe the Uniden x36 Scanners still have a lot of capability left in them for software upgrades and maybe even hardware attachments through the Rear Wi-Fi Socket. We will see.

CQ

They Have...

Free ProVoice for the months of December/January. The closest county to me is 45 miles and the next is 80 miles so no reason to pay for it.

I could care less about NXDN personally since I have no interest in what's around here. Awaiting delivery of my BCD436HP so I can return the TRX-2. At least the handheld has a bigger screen than the desktop/mobile screen (same as their handheld).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Political crap deleted. If you want to condemn or praise the current political scene, please use the Tavern forum.

Thanks.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Butel tells us that Whistler has refused to release the information that 3rd parties need to write software for the TRX scanners.

I used ARC500 for the Pro 197 that I once owned and it was very easy to learn. I know that the memory structure for the new Whistler scanners is different, but the option to have 3rd party software would be nice.

...and their software is a nightmare.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Political crap deleted. If you want to condemn or praise the current political scene, please use the Tavern forum.

Thanks.

thanks Mike. get tired of reading pro or anti this or that political stuff in the forums about scanners and radios. this was a good enough Christmas present for me.

I got one for Uniden, how about an upgrade to the 996p2 that mellows the red on the red screen so you can actually read the text on the screen. too red.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Free ProVoice for the months of December/January.

Where did you see this at? I have a couple of P2's I have DMR on that I didn't do the ProVoice upgrade on, but I would if it were free.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think you have to wait until April 1 for that.

Where did you see this at? I have a couple of P2's I have DMR on that I didn't do the ProVoice upgrade on, but I would if it were free.

K2GOG

Or why not just not bother with either vendor and just use an SDR to do digital, just as long as you are at home monitoring stuff. Its getting easier to do it that way too. Not as portable yet, but its a start. :p

I got rid of my PRO-651 because it lacked other modes and spending $300+ on a scanner again just seemed like a waste of money to me as my only way to listen to NXDN for example.

Maybe Uniden should build an SDR based scanner one day and let the community load what they want into it.

If you have tried the SDR#, DSD+, VAC route, there is a better way now using SDRangel. Works great for NXDN, DMR and the ham modes like D-Star and Fusion

Only thing with SDRangel is it will not do trunking, but I think since it can route the audio to a different IP address, it probably could be used with trunking programs. I just have not tried it yet.

More detail and a video SDRangel here:

SDRangel & Decoding Digital Voice (DMR, D-Star, Fusion, etc) - Overlook Amateur Radio Club

Status
Not open for further replies.