536 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No one who could talk about such things right now knows. But, expect to see a lot of unfounded speculation in response to your question.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Define soon. LOL
Yes if by soon you mean next 5-10 years.
No if by soon you mean next few months. :)
Maybe if by soon you mean after tomorrow.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP

Just sent mine in today for the repairs but so far I've been very happy with the 536. I figure I better get the repairs done. To be honest I have yet to really test all the features and abilities. I only tried the DMR not pro-Voice yet. No pro-voice systems in my area that I know of. In the future as I travel I'll be sure to have it.

1Partsman

They still have not finished the promises 'on the box' of what they were going to give us......let 's get the first 536's done for all of us who paid a good price for something we did not get....forget the 'new ones' until we get what WE paid for......John

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Will Uniden be replacing 536 HP anytime soon?

You might want to avail yourself of the search engine on this web site. There are probably thousands of posts answering your question.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
They still have not finished the promises 'on the box' of what they were going to give us......let 's get the first 536's done for all of us who paid a good price for something we did not get....forget the 'new ones' until we get what WE paid for......John

What "promises" are you referring to?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the SDS100 concept will by anything near what Uniden's next scanner will look like. The only thing it is indicative of is that Uniden is thinking about the next scanner.

D

DaveNF2G

We need a sticky with UpMan's comments about product announcements.

ansky

Unless they can figure out how to manufacture a new scanner that can actually handle LSM, there is really nothing else to accomplish by coming out with a new model at this point. I know some people like to argue that the current model scanners handle LSM just fine, but I shouldn't have to drill holes in a paint can or stand on my head for a $500 scanner to work properly.

Last edited:

Jrrrrr

536HP

No one who could talk about such things right now knows. But, expect to see a lot of unfounded speculation in response to your question.

Are there newly manufactured 536HP'S that are free of Battery problem or are clear of other past kinks?
Starting with Serial Number......?

bako88fan

I'm hoping to see firmware updates on the x36 line that expand capabilities. I think this would be a smarter way for Uniden to go. Obviously, scanners will still be built and sold. But if Uniden can reduce the hardware manufacturing costs and add a subscription service to annual software updates there may be an opportunity to rejuvenate the scanner market while increasing revenue.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Are there newly manufactured 536HP'S that are free of Battery problem or are clear of other past kinks?
Starting with Serial Number......?

The clock and display issues were fixed about 2 years ago. Serial numbers with Z7 and Z8 are safe. Earlier numbers can be repaired for free by Uniden if the backlight or RTC battery fails.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping to see firmware updates on the x36 line that expand capabilities. I think this would be a smarter way for Uniden to go. Obviously, scanners will still be built and sold. But if Uniden can reduce the hardware manufacturing costs and add a subscription service to annual software updates there may be an opportunity to rejuvenate the scanner market while increasing revenue.

This is something sort of along the lines of Motorola's Flashport technology some 20-30 years ago. You get a radio and as time goes along you could get it to the latest technology by doing a flash upgrade. Unfortunately that didn't last too long because the changes were to major for radios to handle (as in from conventional analog to digital trunked). Or in some cases, flash upgrading was more costly than radio replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.