BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Internal Waffle Maker Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
After several minutes of rigorous testing and development, I am proud to announce that I have completed an internal waffle maker mod for the BCD436HP scanner! Now you can enjoy the convenience of a fully functional handheld waffle maker without the hassle of external cables and extra power plugs.

The installation requires the internal GPS and hydrogen fuel cell conversion mods as prerequisites. The GPS patch antenna is modified to perform double duty as the GPS antenna and the waffle maker hot plate. An additional cutout in the case behind the USB and GPS jacks is required for waffle egress and the installation of a NEMA L21-30 480V 3Φ connector (required for faster recharging), and the factory GPS port is removed to allow the waffle mix to be inserted into the waffle maker mechanism. An additional bi-color front panel status LED is added, that glows green while the waffles are cooking, and blinks red when the waffles are done.

Impact on battery life is expected to be minimal. Run time can be as much as 13 minutes while making waffles, if the actual scanner is turned off.

A similar mod is in development for the 536 and other mobile scanners, but it requires an external waffle maker mechanism, because the adamantium case material is too difficult to cut holes into to mount the waffle maker mechanism internally.

Pricing is TBD, but are expected to be the lesser of 2 extremities of your choice, or the black market value of your first-born child.

Last edited:

Voyager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jzvh5Wb00

picture.php

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
After several minutes of rigorous testing and development, I am proud to announce that I have completed an internal waffle maker mod for the BCD436HP scanner! Now you can enjoy the convenience of a fully functional handheld waffle maker without the hassle of external cables and extra power plugs.

The installation requires the internal GPS and hydrogen fuel cell conversion mods as prerequisites. The GPS patch antenna is modified to perform double duty as the GPS antenna and the waffle maker hot plate. An additional cutout in the case behind the USB and GPS jacks is required for waffle egress and the installation of a NEMA L21-30 480V 3Φ connector (required for faster recharging), and the factory GPS port is removed to allow the waffle mix to be inserted into the waffle maker mechanism. An additional bi-color front panel status LED is added, that glows green while the waffles are cooking, and blinks red when the waffles are done.

Impact on battery life is expected to be minimal. Run time can be as much as 13 minutes while making waffles, if the actual scanner is turned off.

A similar mod is in development for the 535 and other mobile scanners, but it requires an external waffle maker mechanism, because the adamantium case material is too difficult to cut holes into to mount the waffle maker mechanism internally.

Prices are TBD, but are expected to be the lesser of 2 extremities of your choice, or the black market value of your first-born child.
Is it true that one of the optional features will be that pressing the Function key and the "E" key simultaneously dispenses genuine maple syrup via the earphone plug??

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Is it true that one of the optional features will be that pressing the Function key and the "E" key simultaneously dispenses genuine maple syrup via the earphone plug??

An excellent suggestion. I suppose I could fit a syrup reservoir in there somewhere.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Jonwienke,

I think we should work together on my mod. My mod, which should fit inside is one that is easy to assemble and only require the end user to locally source a few items and bang, no batteries required.

Thats right, a very compact cold fusion reactor, plus the ability to use the USB in reverse to jump start your vehicle.

There might be some licensing and regulatory issues to overcome, but I don't think it will be an issue.

D

DaveNF2G

I am working on a laundry modification for small articles of clothing. Instead of needing to install a reservoir, one can use uneaten Tide Pods.

wtp

GPS as microwave cooker

try reversing the polarity on the GPS so it puts out a signal at around 1575Mhz.
that is close enough to a true microwave oven as you can get on a handheld.
and if you use a voltage doubler circuit it would cook in half the time.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
How do you think I converted the antenna into a heating element? :D

Doubling voltage quadruples wattage.

wbswetnam

Can I route the power from the flux capacitor in my 2013 Ford Fiesta so I can make waffles as I'm heading back to the future?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You'll have to rig some superconducting cables to handle the power, but why not?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Will this mod be offered for the P2 series, or are we stuck only making toast?

A similar mod is in development for the 536 and other mobile scanners, but it requires an external waffle maker mechanism, because the adamantium case material is too difficult to cut holes into to mount the waffle maker mechanism internally.

Voyager

Will the syrup dispenser have a warmer? How many flavors will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.