sds100-When

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Anyone know, about, when this new scanner well be released. Will be ordering one. Already have the HP 2,436, and the 536.

Thanks

wise871

Database Admin
They said 2nd quarter of 2018. April has passed so sometime between May and June. I’m guessing late June. I have a road trip to Atlanta in July so I hope it’s out before than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
What rhymes with soon ?
Maybe June .

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
SPOON

Only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Patience. Everyone was rushing to get the 436/536 and look what happened. Chill, gang. I'd rather wait and get a radio that has few bugs and doesn't need to be sent back.

Eng74

Until someone finds it on the FCC site for acceptance it is still months off. I don't think they will go into production until that happens then the slow boat from China, that takes about a month for them to get over, then if they get held up at the dock? I am betting the end of August at the soonest.

wise871

Database Admin
Then Uniden shouldn’t have said 2nd Quarter 2018 if they don’t plan on making the timeline. I’m sure they didn’t just pick a random release quarter without talking about it first. Companies don’t just make major announcement without a plan in place. The x36 was announced in November and released late January.

wise871

Database Admin
Until someone finds it on the FCC site for acceptance it is still months off. I don't think they will go into production until that happens then the slow boat from China, that takes about a month for them to get over, then if they get held up at the dock? I am betting the end of August at the soonest.

There not made in China. I believe there made in Vietnam. The x36 was less than 3 months from announcement to release. Not everything comes by boat.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The 436 is made in Vietnam, not China.

Although some components are likely made in China.

Voyager

There isn't even a final scanner in production or testing yet, and of course no FCC approval. I would say Christmas if were lucky.

Please cite your source that they are not in production and not FCC-certified.

FCC certification CAN be withheld by request of the applicant - at least until the last minute before release. And some parts can be withheld indefinitely.

The USA is becoming way too conspiracy minded.

Eng74

I don't think Uniden will put a withold on the FCC certification. They are letting beta testers post videos of the radios and the have posted a draft of the instruction manual here on Radio Reference. Not much to keep out of the public view now.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
None of that addresses FCC certification or lack thereof. A minor change to the battery, display, or case design would not affect certification, which is focused on the RF components and their functionality. If the receiver design is sufficiently finalized, the unit could be submitted for certification and even have completed the process, even if the designs of other parts are still being tweaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.