BCD436HP/BCD536HP: CTCSS / DCS codes displayed on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I've read thru the manuals and didn't really find the info I was looking for, nor do I see a setting in the menus, so what I'm wondering may not be possible, but I thought I'd ask here in the event someone knows of / has found a way to do what I want.

Due to current issues with my eyes, I have difficulty seeing some of the smaller figures on the screen, especially the CTCSS/DCS codes when I'm doing searches thru a small range of frequencies. With the code blinking on and off on the display, sometimes it's hard for me to see the code that goes along with the transmission, thus not always able to write it down in time.

I guess I'm wondering if there is a way to have to code show on the display where it is "on" all of the time during the transmission? Until I get my eye issues taken care of, something like that would be a tremendous help.

TIA

:)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Neither is changing the way the identifier is displayed. You could set up a Conventional Discovery session in the scanner menu or Sentinel, and that would save the parameters for active frequencies found.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Neither is changing the way the identifier is displayed. You could set up a Conventional Discovery session in the scanner menu or Sentinel, and that would save the parameters for active frequencies found.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

Or when it's blinking, hit the ENTER key to save it.

But will that save just the frequency or both the freq and the tone?

I_am_Alpha1

You can try taking a picture with your phone and enlarging it...because it's flashing, you may have to take several to catch the numbers.

Voyager

Or just use the camera and zoom in to watch it.

Surely someone has a magnifying glass app out there, too.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Or just use the camera and zoom in to watch it.

Surely someone has a magnifying glass app out there, too.

Ha, a magnifying glass probably would work, but it's also a matter of the rate of flashing on/off. It takes a few seconds for my eyes to focus and actually "see" what they're seeing and sometimes by the time they do, the transmission is over.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Use ProScan to log your traffic data.

Unfortunately, that isn't an option at this time.

Giving ProScan another thought, I visited their website again and saw they give a 30 day "full" free trial (how I missed that the last time I looked at their site is beyond me), so I have downloaded it and I'm trying it out. I've got to say that so far, I'm really liking the program. I might have to find a way to come up with the $50.00 when the trial is up. Maybe if I hadn't bought the SDS100 I'd have the cash. LOL!! :D

:)

Ubbe

Enable the 240 sec (or whatever time you'll need) replay function.

Whenever you missed something, and I do that all the time, you hit the replay button and hit channel button to pause it at the interesting point and you will have all time in the world to try and see what subtone had been decoded during the recorded transmission.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.