eBay coupons vs Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWonton

Add eBay seller webtron-x to the list of sellers of the SDS100. As expected, the price is $649.99 with FREE "Standard Shipping" included and coming from Waterford, Wisconsin. It also states that there are "30-day returns." The seller has a 99.6% positive feedback rating with 24,331 sales to date.

There are currently 5 available and here's the link if you are interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-SDS...canner-Trunking-SDR-APCO-P25-DMR/123174914546

Couple it with today's eBay discount for $100 off:

Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*
Celebrate Dad and save with coupon code PICKDADSGIFT.
Ends at 7pm PT. Min. $50 purchase.

This Coupon is a 20% discount off a minimum purchase of $50, valid from 7:00 AM PT June 6, 2018 until 7:00 PM PT on June 6, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca, and will be capped at a maximum value of $100. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*

This Coupon is a 20% discount off a minimum purchase of $50, valid from 7:00 AM PT June 6, 2018 until 7:00 PM PT on June 6, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca, and will be capped at a maximum value of $100. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.

Yep, just tried it - $549.99 for a new SDS100 (I didn't complete checkout, but I could...).

trp2525

Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*

Yep, just tried it - $549.99 for a new SDS100 (I didn't complete checkout, but I could...).

I noticed the promo coupon and decided to purchase one for $549.99 with FREE FedEx ground shipping included and no sales tax. I was about to post the information here but you guys beat me to it! I wonder how that $549.99 total purchase price compares to the actual dealer cost of the scanner???

This webtron-x eBay seller appears to be very reputable with 99.6% positive feedback with 24,334 total sales and they advertise "30-day returns." I was impressed that I received a shipping notification with a FedEx tracking number within 15 minutes after making my purchase.

One thing that is interesting is that they initially listed only 5 as being available. As they sell out of what they have listed as being "available" they have then added additional inventory for sale. As of right now (11:55 AM EDT) they have sold 13 and there are "More than 10 available." If you want a brand-new SDS100 for $549.99 with FREE shipping and no sales tax you should pull the trigger IMMEDIATELY as I don't think this deal is going to last very long. At the latest it will last until the $100 coupon expires at 7:00 PM PDT (10:00 PM EDT) this evening.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I see it now but just found out tat HRO shipped mine today at the standard price. Their re-stocking fee of 15% would rule out the savings from eBay.
Day late and a dollar short!

Or, in this case, is it "a day late and $100 over..." oh nevermind. It's still a good scanner for $649.

It's very tempting at $549, though...even though I don't really need it right now...sigh...

trp2525

Just as an FYI these SDS100 scanners are selling fast at $549.99. According to the eBay sales information, 18 have sold in the last 3 1/2 hours and the first one even sold BEFORE the $100 off coupon became valid at 7:00 AM PDT this morning. I bet that person is frustrated that he/she purchased for the full $649.99 less than one hour before the eBay coupon became valid!

webtron-x

Uniden is not happy about the coupon and made me raise price to $749.99, so you will still get it at $649.99 with the coupon. They are very strict on the price on this and it is outlined in the legal agreement authorized dealers have signed with Uniden. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Try refreshing the page in your browser or try using a different browser. I'm currently seeing "16 sold with More than 10 available" at 12:30 PM EDT. Here's the link I am using: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-SDS...anner-Trunking-SDR-APCO-P25-DMR-/123174914546
This sort of raises a flag for me. When I originally posted this link in another thread they had 5 available now they have more than 10 and 16 sold. Hope I am wrong but something does not seem right with that.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
This sort of raises a flag for me. When I originally posted this link in another thread they had 5 available now they have more than 10 and 16 sold. Hope I am wrong but something does not seem right with that.

Make that 21 sold, more than 10 available.

It's eBay and if you pay by PayPal, if it isn't as expected then you can get your money back.

As I said earlier, it's very tempting...

mule1075

Feed Provider
Uniden is not happy about the coupon and made me raise price to $749.99, so you will still get it at $649.99 with the coupon. They are very strict on the price on this and it is outlined in the legal agreement authorized dealers have signed with Uniden. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.
The people who bought it prior to having to raise the price are still going to get for the 549 correct?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The people who bought it prior to having to raise the price are still going to get for the 549 correct?

If they already paid I believe the transaction is considered complete...but... :confused:

Sad that Uniden is so dead set against a free market...

trp2525

This is a sales tactic that I have encountered online before on more than one occasion and I don't really have a problem with it. The way it works is a seller decides not to reveal their entire inventory number all at once. In this case the seller started at 5. As that number goes down it entices/encourages someone to buy now because the remaining number is dwindling.

When the available number is 0 there is additional inventory added for sale (assuming there is remaining inventory) and this can be done in whatever increments the seller chooses. The whole process can continue and repeat until there is actually no remaining inventory at all. I believe this is fully automated by computer and a human is not actually involved in this except of course inputting the desired parameters.

Update as of 12:51 PM EDT is "21 sold and More than 10 available."

BigWonton

Sorry to hear about this, especially since eBay's coupon has nothing to do with your store or pricing policy.

webtron-x

This is a sales tactic that I have encountered online before on more than one occasion and I don't really have a problem with it. The way it works is a seller decides not to reveal their entire inventory number all at once. In this case the seller started at 5. As that number goes down it entices/encourages someone to buy now because the remaining number is dwindling.

When the available number is 0 there is additional inventory added for sale (assuming there is remaining inventory) and this can be done in whatever increments the seller chooses. The whole process can continue and repeat until there is actually no remaining inventory at all. I believe this is fully automated by computer and a human is not actually involved in this except of course inputting the desired parameters.

Update as of 12:51 PM EDT is "21 sold and More than 10 available."

Some may work this way, but not me. I had 5 come in yesterday, 60 more this morning and another 40 due tomorrow. Thanks!

qman62

Good thing I was following this thread.

Kinda sucks about the coupon. I assume Uniden would still get their money, it's not the dealer/sellers fault that eBay offered a site wide coupon.

Still planning on getting one eventually.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear about this, especially since eBay's coupon has nothing to do with your store or pricing policy.

Yeah, the more I think about it I don't really think Uniden can dictate that...he had it listed at the MAP - eBay is offering a coupon off of that which isn't the fault of the seller.

Very disappointed in Uniden's practices the last few weeks...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.