Confirmed P25 LSM operation of the new SDS100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prc117f

Would be useful to keep track of the known working P25 LSM locations. Places that could not be scanned by the 436/536 but now work with the new SDS100 device.

It will help those looking at buying one knowing right away if the SDS100 will be compatible with the system in their neighborhood.

No need to post Analog or non LSM working areas since those were well served by all the other models. The key is LSM P25 which has been a big issue with scanners in the past.

troymail

Silent Key
I think Paul posted a thread with a spreadsheet for folks to track things but I wouldn't expect that everyone is documenting things there - nor would I consider it to be completely reliable in my opinion (we see reports from users monitoring the same systems with inconsistent results).

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
From my home, my 436HP is able to receive about 80% of the Lake County (IN) Public Saftey (Phase II Simulcast) system garbled free. That percentage can go up or down depending on where I am at when I have it in my car. With the SDS100, I'd say that reception on this system is "only" about 99.95% garble free (at home or on the road), because after all, nothing is perfect (although the SDS100 comes pretty close).

:)

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
My SDS-100 is so much better at decoding the Aurora, Colorado P25P2 4-site simulcast system. I've been trying lots of tricks with my 436, but there are many areas with a strong signal and garbled audio and dropouts. In those areas, the SDS receives 99%. It's hard to find an area without solid reception, and even then it's just slightly below par. I'm impressed.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8645

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Please continue this discussion in the sticky thread linked above.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.