SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 - Thanks to Uniden and UPMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David628

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to say thanks to the entire @Uniden scanner team and @UPMan for producing such a great scanner solution for those of us in living in simulcast hell areas.

My family and I were using 2 BCD396T's to monitor the Colorado Springs/ElPaso county Colorado system before Colorado Springs went to the new simulcast system. After that switch over we couldn't monitor anything on it with our BCD396T's even with various aftermarket rubber duck antennas . We had to buy 6db Yagi antennas to get a dismal 65-75 percent ability to read conversations on that simulcast system at all with the 396t's. I had purchased the BCD436HP and that one helped bring in the simlucast system 90+ percent of the time on the standard stock antenna.

I just got my SDS100 a few days ago and WOW its amazing! Audio is superb and the simulcast TG's and signals are coming in full quieting 99+ percent of the time. Its such a huge improvement from the 396T and a slightly better, but well worth while upgrade improvement over the 436HP.

In very happy with my SDS100 and again wanted to give a big shout out and thank you to @Uniden and @UPMan for helping out the colorado springs Colorado radio community!
73"s
Dave

325xia

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to say thanks to the entire @Uniden scanner team and @UPMan for producing such a great scanner solution for those of us in living in simulcast hell areas.

My family and I were using 2 BCD396T's to monitor the Colorado Springs/ElPaso county Colorado system before Colorado Springs went to the new simulcast system. After that switch over we couldn't monitor anything on it with our BCD396T's even with various aftermarket rubber duck antennas . We had to buy 6db Yagi antennas to get a dismal 65-75 percent ability to read conversations on that simulcast system at all with the 396t's. I had purchased the BCD436HP and that one helped bring in the simlucast system 90+ percent of the time on the standard stock antenna.

I just got my SDS100 a few days ago and WOW its amazing! Audio is superb and the simulcast TG's and signals are coming in full quieting 99+ percent of the time. Its such a huge improvement from the 396T and a slightly better, but well worth while upgrade improvement over the 436HP.

In very happy with my SDS100 and again wanted to give a big shout out and thank you to @Uniden and @UPMan for helping out the colorado springs Colorado radio community!
73"s
Dave

What Antenna are you using with the SDS 100? Stock?

David628

Premium Subscriber
@325xia I’m using the stock antenna on the SDS100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cistercian

I am very happy using the stock antenna on mine. Signal here is very strong
but the p25 phase 2 simulcast was torture at times with the other scanners. The sds100
decodes it perfectly. Nice audio too, especially on the viper system of NC.

Massive decode clarity upgrade.

I put a little silicone grease on the antenna o-ring. It makes it much easier to mount
and will help with the water proofing. I use the same grease on all my flashlight o-rings
with great success. This trick reduces stress on the sma when removing or replacing the
stock antenna for those hooking up coax for external or mobile antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.