Uniden International Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

timdevaney

Premium Subscriber
I'm disappointed with uniden America very disappointed I've got a problem with my SDS 100 what cost me well over 1000 New Zealand dollars to get into the country and uniden America by refusing to help me because I'm in New Zealand and this is an American model well excuse me who cares where I am it has a one year warranty on it there's a fault they need to fix it but no they're passing the buck and because they're in America it's very hard to get them to do anything I've bought Uniden products all my life and I've owned over 25 + Uniden scanners but this is just put me off uniden customer service is disgusting

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mule1075

Feed Provider
I'm disappointed with uniden America very disappointed I've got a problem with my SDS 100 what cost me well over 1000 New Zealand dollars to get into the country and uniden America by refusing to help me because I'm in New Zealand and this is an American model well excuse me who cares where I am it has a one year warranty on it there's a fault they need to fix it but no they're passing the buck and because they're in America it's very hard to get them to do anything I've bought Uniden products all my life and I've owned over 25 + Uniden scanners but this is just put me off uniden customer service is disgusting

If you have owned 25+ uniden scanners you knew that was going to be the case from the start.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You're complaining about the wrong people. Each Uniden subdivision (North America, Europe, etc.) is legally obligated to do business only within their assigned boundaries. So Uniden North America can't help you, at least not directly. The same is true of pretty much every global corporation. Each corporate subdivision has a territory that they serve, and they can't work outside of their territiories for a variety of legal reasons.

timdevaney

Premium Subscriber
Well uniden nz won't help cause they don't sell it. Uniden usa provide the Warranty so should sort it. I brought a whistler it broke. Contacted whistler USA and they replaced it with a brand new model. WS a trx1 no probs at, all. I've never had issues with uniden in past

pb_lonny

This is the RISK with importing a product from another country. I imported a UBC3300XLT years ago from Europe, that worked out fine. I also imported one of the original BCD396T's to Australia and this also worked fine. I didn't have the same luck with a later BR330T.

Importing anything outside the target market is a risk. I would LOVE to get a SDS100 but at this stage (to me) it is not worth the risk.

What is the issue with your SDS100?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Posts unrelated to Battery situation moved to their own thread.

Marshall KE4ZNR

trido

Premium Subscriber

check you PM this isnt that hard to get taken care of mostly depends on the USA dealer that sold it to you.I try to help if I can

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We will absolutely take care of your warranty or repair issue. However, we will not ship internationally. We are not familiar with the laws, tariffs, duties, or other legalities of doing business in other countries. Further, doing business in other countries could subject us to other laws on an ongoing basis which we are not staffed to handle. Our statement on international purchases is:

Uniden America sells and supports products sold in the United States. For products either purchased outside of the USA or purchased in the USA and then taken to other areas, we are unable to provide direct support for repair, warranty replacement, or other fulfillment issues. We are unable to directly ship to addresses outside of the USA. If you live outside of the USA and need such support, you will need to have a contact with an address in the USA to work as an intermediary or agent on your behalf.

So, find someone with a US shipping address willing to act as your agent, ship the unit to them. When the repair is complete, we'll ship it back to your agent who can then get it back to you using whatever means and resources they have available.

trido

Premium Subscriber
So, find someone with a US shipping address willing to act as your agent
Maybe I am wrong this someone SHOULD be the USA dealer that sold and shipped to you start with them.

ZL1UOJ

Hi,
Does this mean that after registering my new SDS100 with Uniden with a non US address so I can get the new larger battery when they come out, it will not get sent to me?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We can only ship to US or Canadian addresses. If your registered address is neither, then you will need to arrange for someone with a US address to receive it for you.

ZL1UOJ

Hi Paul,
So if I change the address in your system to the address of the dealer I purchased the radio from it will automatically get shipped to them as they have said that will forward the battery to me.

questnz

Hi,
Does this mean that after registering my new SDS100 with Uniden with a non US address so I can get the new larger battery when they come out, it will not get sent to me?

You need to setup your FREE USA shipping address here. It will apply to all your purchases from US eg Amazon etc. There is also option for UK and China. But I am not sure you can return stuff via this setup ?
Problem solved https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop
I done it ages ago and providing this address for my US purchases, Then you pay in $NZ shipment to NZ. Address is in Oregon and it is setup by NZ Post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.