anyone interested in optional disable of ENC muting y/n

Should there be the option to disable auto mute on encrypted (ENC) transmissions

• Yes: I would like to be able to temporarily disable the auto mute option

Votes: 65 74.7%
  • No: I like the scanner as it is with auto mute active all the time.

Votes: 22 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

Again Im bored and spent some time playing with options I dont normally look at. One feature that has its uses is the auto mute of ENC transmissions. This is great for normal scanning but if you are doing a seek of TGs and using ID search having the transmissions muted can cause you to miss new active TGs even if they are ENC. I usually like my list of Tgs to be accurate with all active TGs listed analog/digital/encrypted.

This thread and poll is NOT to discuss encryption its just to say yes or no to having a option (even a temporary one that resets back to auto mute when the scanner power is cycled) to disable the auto mute.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I would love to see that option there are many TGs on the system I monitor that are encrypted that the current Uniden scanners won't stop on. This would be a major help if Uniden would allow the scanner to operate that way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gary123

An additional situation has been mentioned in another thread recently. Some services are migrating to ENC from just being digital. With the auto mute some/many are thinking the service has either moved or stopped activity. Being able to disable the auto mute would allow quick confirmation that the TG is still active and has changed to ENC mode.

u2brent

OAMPT
I too agree that the encryption muting feature is great, But sure would like an option to disable it.
I've posted this sentiment on several existing threads and each time was told I was foolish, crazy, a drunken robot, and endless ridicule ensued from those who just don't get it!

"Why would anyone want to listen to that garble?" Was a common theme.

$650+ and I can't have an option that unlocks a critical feature..
Goes for the x36 & SDS

Others will tell you to use the discovery options to log E TG's and Rids. But as mentioned every time in response.. That limits your scanner to 1 Site on 1 System at a time.

Give us the ability to choose and use the Avoid feature for what it was meant (the user to choose what to hear or not)

Nuff Said

I hope Uniden takes note of this poll and it's results!!

Last edited:

a29zuk

I too would like to see this option on the 325P2. There is some part time encryption in my area. Maybe some full time encryption in the future.

Jim

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I voted "Yes". I would probably never use it, except when I was bored. I appreciate the muting more. But it would be nice to have the option, as stated as the survey question.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
I voted yes but the option should be for all of the radios. But then again it is a waste of time because Uniden doesn't give a damn about customer opinion.

gary123

I voted yes but the option should be for all of the radios. But then again it is a waste of time because Uniden doesn't give a damn about customer opinion.

I think maybe they do care. I am hoping a simple yes/no request will have more results than a pile of opinions and conditions for a proposed feature. Time will tell.

racingfan360

I too would like to see this feature. Odd as it might sound, I have come across a few systems in the past two years where one half of the conversation is encrypted, the other half is in the clear. My TRX-1 handles this fine, especially with the busy tone setting. My 436 is frankly useless in this circumstance.

cru1242

Senior Newbie-12th Year
Premium Subscriber
I would be interested in having the option to unmute encrypted traffic. In some situations, activity on certain
encrypted channels can be an indicator of an event or incident in progress.

gary123

It looks like the poll results are clear. This was just an informal check to see if there was enough interest. I am hoping that UPMan has read it and can pass this along to the firmware guys.

Maybe the option can be sent to a combination like function(zip). There is no need for the scanner to 'remember' this setting cycling the power would revert to the standard 'mute ENC'.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the poll and thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.