Scanner Trade in Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone utilized the trade in offer that Bearcat Warehouse has? Don't know if it's been around for a while or if it's new but got a email making me aware of it. Their website has all the details. Im sure we all have our methods to sell our scanners but first time seeing this it may be a good option for some and curious to know if anyone has used it and what there experience was. If its been around along time then shame on me for this post!!! Lol!

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
First I heard about it. After looking it up, terrible offers. I've recently sold much older, discontinued scanners for more than what they'll pay for current models.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to buy a couple of BCD996P2's for $150...

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
What joke. I can sell my junk at a Ham-Fest for more than they offer, and as you know most hams are some of the cheapest folks on the planet.

Uniden should be making top dollar offers for trade-in upgrade on their previous defective products that claimed they were P25 phase II compatible when if fact they were not. BDC436/536 and BCD325/BCD996-P2 come to mind.

Whistler should be offering a realistic trade-in deal also, their current models (TRX-1/TRX-2) are useless on phase II systems.

Many folks who bought these scanners with the sole intention of monitoring P25 phase II systems were very disappointed with their purchase and are now either stuck with them or trying to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.