SDS100/SDS200: Anybody know if there is a base unit coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evnldr

I'm not a fan of handhelds is there a base unit coming with similar specs?
I like my 996P2 just pondering for an upgrade.

Just asking.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm not a fan of handhelds is there a base unit coming with similar specs?
I like my 996P2 just pondering for an upgrade.

Just asking.

Uniden has not announced any plans for a base version of the SDS100.

Uniden is the only one that would know.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Just so you know, Uniden has a history of being secretive about their proposed products. Good or bad, that's the way they are.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
A good quality RH with the same display would be a good idea. They discontinued the only one they had because they said it wasn't popular but I think it would be a good idea here. They wouldn't have all the problems with bugs and malfunctions a new unit would bring as they are being addressed with the portable. I think a lot of people would buy two of the RH. The connection is already there on the radio. It would be a lot cheaper than making a base/ mobile and I'm sure it would sell. Unfortunately I don't think it will be happening but it sure is a good idea.

CorwinScansNM

Actually it will be out tomorrow. Didn't you guys see the announcement???

Um, proof or web link where you saw or heard this would be nice & handy to the RR community if this is really true? I did not & have not yet heard of a announcement for a base version of the new Uniden SDS100.

CQ

They're coming out with the EU versions too if you look at the SDS100/200/500E models listed.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I "heard" that it will have the guts of the SDS100 but in an HP1 / HP2 housing and will be called the SDS101HP.

Hey, I can play the fantasy guessing game as well. LOL!! :D

:)

mule1075

Feed Provider
Um, proof or web link where you saw or heard this would be nice & handy to the RR community if this is really true? I did not & have not yet heard of a announcement for a base version of the new Uniden SDS100.
You must have missed the sarcasm. Almost 100% sure Kevin is pulling you're leg.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Uniden is waiting to see what Whistler is going to release before any base unit gets announced.

But somebody is going to show their hand soon since the biggest spending of people's money is coming up at the end of the year. But we all know that scanner's are never released at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.