Just Picked Up an SDS100 and This Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalu

Decided to just walk into a store near me and buy it after little to no research... so basically sight unseen. I figured since I like my BCD536HP and 125AT (gets abused actually) what can go wrong?

START TIMER
Get home
Open Box
Remove radio from plastic bag
Ditch screen protector
Install better antenna (already owned)
Plug in to USB
Power on
Enter Date/Time
NOTHING TO SCAN
Enter Zip Code
NYPD immediately loud and clear
NJ State PD was Next
NY State PD was Next
All crystal clear and so far, no issues
STOP TIMER

3 minutes and a few seconds. Granted, I knew what I needed to do from my experience with the BCD536HP but, still, I still remember my first 4 channel crystal scanner from Radio Shack and it took me 10 minutes just to decide what crystals to buy first.

I will probably get stoned for liking this radio this much this soon but, it does speak to where we are today in the hobby of scanning local Emergency Services. AMAZING.

Now to sorting out my Favorite Lists and how I will use it moving forward.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Decided to just walk into a store near me and buy it after little to no research... so basically sight unseen. I figured since I like my BCD536HP and 125AT (gets abused actually) what can go wrong?

START TIMER
Get home
Open Box
Ditch screen protector
Plug in to USB
Power on
Enter Date/Time
NOTHING TO SCAN
Enter Zip Code
NJ State PD was Next
NY State PD was Next
STOP TIMER

3 minutes and a few seconds. Granted, I knew what I needed to do from my experience with the BCD536HP but, still, I still remember my first 4 channel crystal scanner from Radio Shack and it took me 10 minutes just to decide what crystals to buy first.

I will probably get stoned for liking this radio this much this soon but, it does speak to where we are today in the hobby of scanning local Emergency Services. AMAZING.

I went through the same process excusin' the NYPD frequencies. This box of electronics has performed like it was advertised and exactly like it should, including GPS.

START TIMER
Get home
Open Box
Ditch screen protector
Plug in to USB
Power on
Enter Date/Time
NOTHING TO SCAN
Enter Zip Code
NJ State PD was Next
NY State PD was Next
STOP TIMER

my first was a 4 channel crystal scanner from Radio Shack back in the 70s was EASY lol 1 was Police,2nd EMS,3,4 was Fire Dispatch was on 33.900 and CH-5 was on VHF 153.950 i miss the simple days

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Congrats, gonzalu, I think you beat me by a few minutes, altho I didn't do zipcode - actually had my profile from my 536 loaded and already customized over to SDS and ready to upload to the radio when the big brown truck dropped it off. Might have been 10 whole minutes:) and no problems with it whatsoever that weren't OE and/or keystroke fumble.

Try as I might, I cannot reproduce any symptoms described by owners of this radio who complain about vhf/uhf reception. I can hear business radios on vhf/uhf from the Fairfield Mall 13.9 miles south of me that are so clear that they sound like they are next door (with a Remtronix antenna.) Beyond satisfied with this scanner, and I am by no means a fanboy. I was very skeptical, even as I plopped down almost $700. No regrets whatsoever.

Enjoy, gonzalu!

JD
kf4anc

gonzalu

Same here with experience. So far no issues. Granted, I do not have a reference right now as my 536 is still in the shop. Once it returns I can do a proper sensitivity comparison as well as Voice quality, decoding capability, scanning speeds, etc.

I am using a older TRAM 10125 rubber ducky ...

Tramagod

Based on y’all’s comments I can’t wait to get mine. Just ordered it yesterday from Scannermaster, arrives Wednesday, super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber

START TIMER
Get home
Open Box
Ditch screen protector
Plug in to USB
Power on
Enter Date/Time
NOTHING TO SCAN
Enter Zip Code
NJ State PD was Next
NY State PD was Next
STOP TIMER

Barry's is still down there?

gonzalu

I wish. Technically they are still in existence as a business but the "place" is been long gone [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.