SDS100 Mobile Version question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I really like the SDS100 and think it is awesome. Is there a mobile version coming up of it? I would buy one in a heartbeat.

K7MFC

WRAA720
No announcement has been made yet to indicate this but I'm holding out for a base/mobile unit as well!

Hit_Factor

Upman does have a mystery box avatar. So maybe there is an announcement coming. Seems like there is an announcement and then some number of months later product starts shipping.

u2brent

OAMPT
I think the mystery box is a reference to early adopters of the SDS100 expecting a new battery showing up in the mail soon.. My thoughts anyway...

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yes me waiting too for a base model unit. Money is sitting in a envelope.

Whats weird is Whistler made announcements back in May of this year and no nothing yet on any models or pictures. It's like Crickets lately

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I know it's all speculation at this point, but I wonder what form factor a mobile version would take? Would it be similar to the 536HP, but with a bigger screen? Share characteristics with the HP 1 / 2 models? Or, be a completely new and different mobile design (something sleek and futuristic looking LOL)?

:)

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I hope it is the same display pretty much as the SDS100. That was a hit out of the park in my view

How about this for a theory:

The radio will look like the screen that Proscan software
uses for the SD100

Why do I say that ?

Well the Proscan software for the BC536hp looks,
very close to the form factor of the BC536 radio.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Sitting here clicking my Visa Debit card on my keyboard, I am ready! I will buy both the new Uniden base/mobile radio and the new Whistler base/mobile radio. I am not prejudiced or for or against either corporation. Love them both!

JD
kf4anc

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Am I missing something? Everyone seems ready to buy something that doesn't exist.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Yeah I remember when I was wishful thinking about the SDS100, and then guess what - here it is. So, I am once again wishful thinking, and they will be here. Eventually. This hobby takes patience and perseverance and tenacity and the ability to put aside your frustrations. I am wishfully thinking that both Whistler and Uniden have desktop SDR scanners available by the summer of 2019.

'Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen'...

so, have faith, Grasshopper. They will be here. ;)

JD
kf4anc

trp2525

Yes me waiting too for a base model unit. Money is sitting in a envelope...

With an unknown time horizon you might want to put your $700+ that you have sitting in an envelope in an interest-bearing FDIC-insured bank account instead.

You can get 2.25% interest here on an FDIC-insured Money Market bank account (with no minimum balance) until you need the money to buy your new scanner(s): https://allamerica.bank/personal/banking/checking/mega-money-market-checking

Status
Not open for further replies.