SDS100 Case Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

racin06

A couple of months ago I ordered the BCD436HP - Uniden Nylon Case/Swivel Belt Clip from Scanner Master to temporarily house my SDS100 until the actual SDS100 cases are released. The first photo illustrates the back of the nylon case. However, I recently ordered what I thought was the soft leather version of the nylon case for my SDS100 and I discovered a huge metal belt clip on the back as illustrated in the second photo. Both of these cases are denoted as "Swivel Belt Clip" on Scanner Master. Is there a soft leather case for the SDS100 that has the open back as in the nylon case? Also, does the nylon version of the SDS100 case have the open back as in the first photo? Lastly, it would be nice if Scanner Master would post photos of the back of their cases so we all know what we are buying ;).

Attachments

• nylon case.jpg
    nylon case.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 255
  • soft case.jpg
    soft case.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 249

trp2525

...Also, does the nylon version of the SDS100 case have the open back as in the first photo?

If you want the SDS100 nylon case with the open back you need to purchase the "genuine/OEM" Uniden A28100B carrying case. It has the open back so that you can use the factory belt clip that came with your SDS100 scanner: https://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/accessories/uniden-sds100-nylon-carrying-case

Scanner Master does not sell the "genuine/OEM" Uniden nylon cases and instead has their cases custom made for them by a case manufacturer. All 3 of Scanner Master's cases for the SDS100 (nylon, soft leather and hard leather) have the swivel belt clip as shown in your second picture.

Note: That BCD436HP nylon case with the open back that you show in your first picture is a "genuine/OEM" Uniden A2829 nylon case as I currently have the same Uniden case for my SDS100 with the original smaller battery: https://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/accessories/nylon-carrying-case-for-bcd436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.