DMR DCDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanHen

I just discovered that my 3600 and 536 can handle DMR DCDM but the SDS200 does not. How comes?

MStep

There seem to be a firmware difference between x36 and SDS that makes simplex handling in SDS flawed.

/Ubbe

If true, that would be somewhat of another stain on the reputation of Uniden. An "SDS500" was bandied about in a different thread, and although I find that somewhat fanciful, I doubt that any SDS100 and 200 owners would consider such a unit, or any future "flagship" unit if, in fact, what is being suggested here is actually true and remains unaddressed by Uniden. I would have suspected that someone would have discovered problems with simplex handling of DMR in the current SDS series long before this.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Uniden has always been tight lipped about new releases. It’s nothing new and most other competitors do the same. Even when there are numerous reports regarding an error in the manual, software, etc., Uniden takes time to first validate the issue and then report on its finding. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they have a fix for it. They simply state it’s now a “known issue”. Reading between the lines we may get the idea they are either working the problem or intend to correct it with the release of their next new “flagship” offering. But bottom line, until Uniden announces a firmware or software update fix, or a new model, no one really knows what Uniden will do. But it’s fun to guess…

ScanHen

ludek-brno

I have DCDM as Mototrbo trunk and is it working?

It bothers me a lot that in Mototrbo tunku I can't enter analog frequencies that are commonly used in one system.

W4WMH

I tried DCDM as both a conventional and a DMR OFT in my SDS 100, and it wouldn't decode it either way. I haven't tried it in Mototrbo trunk mode, but will try that over the weekend.
I also have troubles with DMR OFT decoding a system that it will receive in conventional mode as well.
Then, AEP set their P25P2 network up in TDMA CC mode, and turned off the EDACS system, so that doesn't work either.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed in a 700 dollar radio that hasn't had any bug fixes or feature releases to remain current, and will take my money to BTT and other companies that stay on the front line.
I understand the last 2 comments has nothing to do with the original post / complaint, but I'm tired of Uniden ghosting us for the past year.
(Edited for clarification.)

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I tried DCDM as both a conventional and a DMR OFT in my SDS 100, and it wouldn't decode it either way. I haven't tried it in Mototrbo trunk mode, but will try that over the weekend.
I also have troubles with DMR OFT decoding a system that it will receive in conventional mode as well.
Then, AEP set their P25P2 network up in TDMA CC mode, and turned off the EDACS system, so that doesn't work either.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed in a 700 dollar radio that hasn't had any bug fixes or feature releases to remain current, and will take my money to BTT and other companies that stay on the front line.
I understand the last 2 comments has nothing to do with the original post / complaint, but I'm tired of Uniden ghosting us for the past year.
(Edited for clarification.)

OH, and did you research places like here to see what you were buying, BEFORE you spent $700?

W4WMH

OH, and did you research places like here to see what you were buying, BEFORE you spent $700?
Yes sir I did. I bought the radio in Spring of 2019, and at the time, Uniden was involved in the scanner market, and was rolling out frequent updates. In my world, service sells, so I bought it at that time. I hate that Upman died, but it's been long enough, Joe Bearcat has announced himself, but nothing gets fixed. Fast forward to July 2021, Harris rolls out TDMA CC on the AEP Texas system, and the SDS series is useless at this point. BTT had a fix within a few weeks, as did DSD+. I saw a post on communications support forums where a member was asking for sample data stream files, but to my knowledge, I haven't seen any activity similiar from Uniden.

Well...a few things come to mind, but probably a programming error is more likely.

I'd be glad to share the file in a PM or other if you want to look at it. It just doesn't decode it, even though in conventional mode it never misses a transmission, and shows a DMR Slot 1 on the same talkgroup everytime. I think they use Hytera radios in a Psuedo trunking mode, because they also use the DCDM in simplex, and it won't decode that either. For comparison, a Anytone D878UV in Digital monitor will hear the system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
be glad to share the file in a PM or other if you want to look at it. It just doesn't decode it, even though in conventional mode it never misses a transmission, and shows a DMR Slot 1 on the same talkgroup everytime. I think they use Hytera radios in a Psuedo trunking mode, because they also use the DCDM in simplex, and it won't decode that either. For comparison, a Anytone D878UV in Digital monitor will hear the system.

Service type issue comes to mind, did you try putting it in ID Search? Close enough to get a good decode...filter usage? Do you see DMR or Cap+ when the frequencies come up in conventional mode? Don't always depend on database submissions, start from scratch if you're having issues.

W4WMH

Not a database system, it's an Itinerant contractor on 451.8125 with a portable repeater. Anytone won't receive a Cap+ system, but receives this. I've seen Hytera radios on site. Filters on global, service types on Custom 1. Got it in a favorites list twice, once as conventional, once as a OFT. Location control is on, but same lat / lon / range in both sytems. Holding on the OFT site shows a signal in the corner, and sometimes DMR Slot 1 a the top, but no audio even though AT radio has audio. Swapping to conventional system will pass audio. Conventional always shows DMR Slot 1, TG 100, RID's between 1001-1099. Same on Anytone radio. I've gone through old posts here and a logic table / tree to diagnose, but starting to think it's a SDS100 issue.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Not a database system, it's an Itinerant contractor on 451.8125 with a portable repeater. Anytone won't receive a Cap+ system, but receives this. I've seen Hytera radios on site. Filters on global, service types on Custom 1. Got it in a favorites list twice, once as conventional, once as a OFT. Location control is on, but same lat / lon / range in both sytems. Holding on the OFT site shows a signal in the corner, and sometimes DMR Slot 1 a the top, but no audio even though AT radio has audio. Swapping to conventional system will pass audio. Conventional always shows DMR Slot 1, TG 100, RID's between 1001-1099. Same on Anytone radio. I've gone through old posts here and a logic table / tree to diagnose, but starting to think it's a SDS100 issue.

Is the talkgroup programmed? Did you try turning off location control, put system in ID Search? Can you screen shot your programming here?

W4WMH

Sorry about the frequency, it was 451.800, but still a temporary itinerant operator. I don't think it's actually who I called out, but that's who I had it in when I was searching and got the hit in conventional mode to start with. I'm waiting to see if it gets a hit in Mototrbo trunk mode since I suspect it's DCDM.

1635005562854.png
1635005593935.png
1635005618925.png
1635005641388.png
1635005673051.png
1635005712807.png
1635005782613.png
1635005831312.png

1635005863797.png

Status
Not open for further replies.