BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Opinion on smart charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeppelin11

Looking for a smart charger to charge the batteries for my BCD436HP Radio. I think I may have found one but would like an opinion from others who may have this charger or recommendations for an 8 bay smart charger at a better price. Thank you for your time! (Link below)

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I have that charger and the corresponding Powerex AA batteries. Works great. I use the batteries for a variety of things daily and almost 2 years later they still have excellent battery life.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I've been using a Powerex MH-C808M, which must be a predecessor to the model you are inquiring about. Mine looks just like your inquiry, and have been using it for well over 10 years with no issues like the person who rated it on the product website. I think I paid about the same price for mine back in the day.

wtp

if you have a lot to charge that is a good one.
i like the 4 cell one that tells you the true capacity of each cell so you can pair them up for longer running time.
discontinued, but just to show you. i am not here to sell it.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
I have both of the Powerex chargers.
Have had the MH-C801D for about 10 years absolutely no problems.
Have the MH-C9000 for 5 years and after about 2 years it would only charge 2 batteries at a time, if I tried
charging 3 or 4 batteries it just kept on “rebooting “ like when you first plug it in. I just use it for discharging them now.
73, Rex

Looking for a smart charger to charge the batteries for my BCD436HP Radio. I think I may have found one but would like an opinion from others who may have this charger or recommendations for an 8 bay smart charger at a better price. Thank you for your time! (Link below)

Did you know you have the same avatar as @werinshades ?

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased from the same company their model C980, and either one of them is a worthwhile investment in today's "double A" and "triple A" battery world.

The C980 (a little cheaper) charges the batteries up as far as they will go, then "re-conditions" (discharges) them to zero, then recharges them fully. It takes about 24 hours to do it right. I'm finding that the batteries last quite a bit more between charges than one of those batter charges you buy in a supermarket battery section or box store.

I'm glad I got it.

(BTW...you don't have to re-condition the batteries every time you put them in. Also, you can slow-charge them over a few hours or "rapid charge" them within an hour, if need be)

Blackink

You won't go wrong with that charger and the batteries.
I've been using that charger & batteries for 3 years now for my trail cameras as well as my hand held police scanner.

Good choice!!

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
if you have a lot to charge that is a good one.
i like the 4 cell one that tells you the true capacity of each cell so you can pair them up for longer running time.
discontinued, but just to show you. i am not here to sell it.
That charger was replaced with a MH-C9000 Pro. It's pretty much the same. The display has been re-angled and it will remember the previous settings used. I have both.

Reactions: wtp

wtp

yes, but i hate to look like i am trying to sell something.
my stance is to be firmly on the fence, i have a high inseam...

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
yes, but i hate to look like i am trying to sell something.
my stance is to be firmly on the fence, i have a high inseam...
Which, I guess, tells us why you sing tenor in the choir. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Reactions: wtp

CrabbyMilton

I just use the furnished charging cord. To me its a pain to take batteries out of the thing to accomplish that. I get about 6 months or so life out the that batteries so I can't complain and I can plug it into a power bank or my car's USB port if I need to. Sounds like a great charger though but I just like to do it my way.

Blackink

I just use the furnished charging cord. To me its a pain to take batteries out of the thing to accomplish that. I get about 6 months or so life out the that batteries so I can't complain and I can plug it into a power bank or my car's USB port if I need to. Sounds like a great charger though but I just like to do it my way.
The charger and batteries can be used for many things, not just for a hand held police scanner.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Panasonic BQ-CC75ASBA eneloop Individual Battery Charger with USB Charging Port, White Amazon.com

Can't beat it for 9 bucks. Pick up some Ikea Ladda (aka incognito Eneloops) to go with it. I've used them with great success. Still using some Eneloops from 2007-2009

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If it's as good as their batteries, it should be great. Apparently, however, it's just a charger. There are others out there that show the amperage and can even recondition the batteries. Of course, they're more expensive. If all you need is a charger, it looks like a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.