SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 startup screen says SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
Like the title says, I just realized that my SDS100 startup screen says SDS200. Does this mean anything? I saw someone had a spelling error on their startup screen for the 200, but nothing about this.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Like the title says, I just realized that my SDS100 startup screen says SDS200. Does this mean anything? I saw someone had a spelling error on their startup screen for the 200, but nothing about this.
You can make the startup screen say anything you want by changing it in Sentinel, doesn't mean anything. Open the profile editor in Sentinel, click on the "Display Options" tab, and change it there under "Opening Message", and then write to the scanner. You can even change the start up screen to display a customized graphic if you want.

Last edited:

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
You can edit the startup screen in Sentinel. You (or someone) used a SDS200 profile and loaded it into the SDS100.
It wont damage anything, but if you care, you should create an SDS 100 profile (in the startup screen).

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Rename the attached from opening.txt to opening.bmp
Then, mount your radio and place this in the root directory (BCDx36HP) of your SD card.
This will give you a nice SDS100 opening graphic.

Or, as others have said, by editing profile / display options / opening message - it edits the boot text that is displayed

Attachments

• opening.txt
    225.1 KB · Views: 126

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As others have said "Nothing to worry about" - most likely the programmer copied a SDS 200 Profile along the way and forgot to change the screen.

I would be a little more concerned if it said something other than SDS. . . such as BCD436HP. There is a setting called "Target Model" accessed in the Tools menu and the incorrect one may have been selected. Sometimes this can cause a performance issue if not set properly.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
As others have said "Nothing to worry about" - most likely the programmer copied a SDS 200 Profile along the way and forgot to change the screen.

I would be a little more concerned if it said something other than SDS. . . such as BCD436HP. There is a setting called "Target Model" accessed in the Tools menu and the incorrect one may have been selected. Sometimes this can cause a performance issue if not set properly.

Thank you all. I will use the sentinel software to change the target model to SDS100.

I have been struggling with getting the GPS to work. Could the wrong Target Model be related to this? To be fair, I have been trying to make the Garmin GPS serial puck from my 996 work, so that could be the issue by itself. I understood that several people have made this work, but despite trying everything they had documented i have had not luck.

MStep

Rename the attached from opening.txt to opening.bmp
Then, mount your radio and place this in the root directory (BCDx36HP) of your SD card.
This will give you a nice SDS100 opening graphic.

Or, as others have said, by editing profile / display options / opening message - it edits the boot text that is displayed

Could you post a screenshot of the opening graphic? Thanks.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Thank you all. I will use the sentinel software to change the target model to SDS100.

I have been struggling with getting the GPS to work. Could the wrong Target Model be related to this? To be fair, I have been trying to make the Garmin GPS serial puck from my 996 work, so that could be the issue by itself. I understood that several people have made this work, but despite trying everything they had documented i have had not luck.

The most common error with GPS is the baud rate. If you have the older round puck be sure the baud rate in the scanner is set to 4800. If you have the newer square GPS the baud rate is 9600.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
The most common error with GPS is the baud rate. If you have the older round puck be sure the baud rate in the scanner is set to 4800. If you have the newer square GPS the baud rate is 9600.

It is 100% set to 4800. I even tried 9600 (and maybe other settings), but is 100% 4800 right now. I even plugged the GPS back into the 996 and it worked fine. I checked the settings on the 996 and it was 4800 d:m:s format, which is what the sds100 is set to. I have built my own USB connector as I saw documented elsewhere on the forum, no luck. I built a db9 to usb adapter, no luck. I bought the db9 to usb mini, which let me with 2 female connectors, so I used a null modem. Also, no luck. So I'm not sure I even have a direction at the moment.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Well, the Target Model should not affect it. Uniden did make a USB to GPS cable to work with the SDS100 (as well as the BCD325P2) to support the older GPS receiver. The BC-SGPS Kit also contains a cable for the SDS100 that works with its newer GPS receiver.

If yours works with the DB-9 on your 996 I suspect the issue is then with the cable you made. I am not sure if the Uniden cable has electronics within it or not.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
Could you post a screenshot of the opening graphic? Thanks.

Its not very interesting, but sure. I did change the target model and no change. Seems like its not relevant to anything from what I am understanding.

20220215_132633.jpg

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Its not very interesting, but sure. I did change the target model and no change. Seems like its not relevant to anything from what I am understanding.
-
Changing the target model does not change any of the opening message text. If you want to change it, follow the directions already given in post #2 above.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just realized that my SDS100 startup screen says SDS200
Open the profile editor in Sentinel, click on the "Display Options" tab, and change it there under "Opening Message", and then write to the scanner.
I did change the target model and no change. Seems like its not relevant to anything from what I am understanding.
Changing the target model does not change any of the opening message text. If you want to change it, follow the directions already given in post #2 above.

Follow post 2.
First, read scanner. Then when that's done, choose Edit Profile. Look for display options tab and click it. On that, look for Opening Message and change SDS200 to SDS100. Close that screen and write to scanner

image scanner.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.