Uniden BCD436HP and GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I like your "please be kind" comment. HaHa. I've been amazed at the people who post replies that are uncalled for and so negative. I've got my GPS hooked up to my BCD436HP also and it works great. Wish there were more options but it does what it's suppose to.

rocksteady

I like your "please be kind" comment. HaHa. I've been amazed at the people who post replies that are uncalled for and so negative. I've got my GPS hooked up to my BCD436HP also and it works great. Wish there were more options but it does what it's suppose to.

Amen to that.

buckobob

Could someone answer a question, does the power cable from GPS also run the power for scanner? It is hooked up like Instructions say and is picking up signal. It is on the 436.

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Why, oh why, can even the cheapest, tiny little cel phone makers include GPS into their phones, but Uniden can't do it in a scanner?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I can't find the thread now... :( My question is: what GPS do you folks recommend for connecting to the scanner? My wife and I want one for the car anyway because the one in our phone only works when it wants to and if you have to take a phone call then there goes the navigation. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and get one that works with the 436. Any suggestions?

-AZ

mrkelso

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I can't find the thread now... :( My question is: what GPS do you folks recommend for connecting to the scanner? My wife and I want one for the car anyway because the one in our phone only works when it wants to and if you have to take a phone call then there goes the navigation. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and get one that works with the 436. Any suggestions?

-AZ
Scanner Accessories, GPS Accessories - www.jsradiosales.com page 51 of the main thread someone suggested this one. You may need to go read the main post and see if you need any adaptors.
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/278121-bcd536hp-discussion-thread-51.html

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Scanner Accessories, GPS Accessories - www.jsradiosales.com page 51 of the main thread someone suggested this one. You may need to go read the main post and see if you need any adaptors.
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/278121-bcd536hp-discussion-thread-51.html

Yeah I know about that one, but I want one that has a built in screen to display a map and do route navigation also, besides feeding coordinates to the scanner. There's got to be one out there that can do both.

-AZ

rocksteady

Compatible GPS Units.

Here is a list of Some gps units that should work with these scanners.

[FONT=&quot]* Scannerforce GPS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Garmin GPS 18 Note: Superceded by GPS 18x PC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Delorme Tripmate (with modification for autostart)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN eTreX Note: Now discontinued[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN eTreX Legend Note: Now discontinued[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN eMap Note: Now discontinued[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN Rino110[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN GPS 18 PC Note: Superceded by GPS 18x PC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN GPS 18x PC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN 12XL Note: Now discontinued[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN GPSmap 60CS(x) (needs Garmin 010-10141-00 or equivalent cable) Note :CS is discontinued CSx is still available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GARMIN GPS2 Plus Note: Now discontinued[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Lowrance iFinder GO2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * MAGELLAN Meridian Marine Note: Now discontinued[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * MAGELLAN Triton 2000 with 930-0017-001 Serial Cable (or equivalent serial cable).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Uniden Mystic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * GPS1 Module Kit sold via Scannersoft website Note: No longer available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * HOLUX Mouse GR-213 (when ordered with a serial cable) [/FONT]

Dewey

Yeah I know about that one, but I want one that has a built in screen to display a map and do route navigation also, besides feeding coordinates to the scanner. There's got to be one out there that can do both.

-AZ

The problem that I think you're going to run into is that mapping GPS units have advanced so far these days, that most of them don't have serial output. With that said, I have a couple "cheap", but very well performing $32 units that I use. The only issue is that you will have to either buy the serial plug adapter, build your own serial connection (what I did), or get someone else to do it for you. All-in-all and as you can see, you can still get the GPS and the serial adapter for less than $50!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VUFGF8/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

rocksteady

I got lucky last year and bought a 5 pack of puck style garmins for 25 bucks from that auction site. I gave 3 away, sold one with a Kenwood 710, What a find. Only one had a bad serial connector, so I connected a mono jack for the gprs on the 710.

lawman210

Can someone send me a link to the cable you need to connect to the 436 and 536 so I can run PC software?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.