Firmware / Siren update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mharris

I'm more than ready for firmware that stops the super loud, super annoying squelch tail. I'm also ready to try the Siren app in beta form. My 536 GPS has been connected to my home network since day one.

I respectfully request an update on when to expect both.

Thanks Paul for all you do!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I got a firmware release candidate from Engineering today. If all goes well, we'll release it next week.

I actually saw a pre-alpha app running on an iPhone this week, and it is looking awesome. But, there are some scanner firmware adjustments, Wi-Fi dongle adjustments, and more fleshing out to do on the app. Because I pushed a number of early bug reports to a higher priority level, it has delayed action on the things needed to be done to get the app out -- basically I pulled the engineers back to the released codebase so they haven't been working on the new function codebase...a decision that was mine, but I think necessary. But, the app development on the mobile platform side is progressing and we should be able to get additional resources back onto it on the scanner firmware side within a week or so.

t13one12

I got a firmware release candidate from Engineering today. If all goes well, we'll release it next week.

I actually saw a pre-alpha app running on an iPhone this week, and it is looking awesome. But, there are some scanner firmware adjustments, Wi-Fi dongle adjustments, and more fleshing out to do on the app. Because I pushed a number of early bug reports to a higher priority level, it has delayed action on the things needed to be done to get the app out -- basically I pulled the engineers back to the released codebase so they haven't been working on the new function codebase...a decision that was mine, but I think necessary. But, the app development on the mobile platform side is progressing and we should be able to get additional resources back onto it on the scanner firmware side within a week or so.

Thank you for the update and for working as hard as you do. I'm impressed that Uniden has already recognized and established a plan on the headphone issue and am happy to hear that the firmware and app are coming along.

mharris

Paul,

Thank you for your reply. And equally important, thank you for your leadership and patience. We as a radio scanning community are extremely fortunate to have you. I'm not complimenting you (although you deserve that too), I'm just speaking the truth.

Thanks again Sir.

kellykeeton

awesome.. the fact that you communicate with your users goes a long way. I purchased the scanner for that app. but am very happy waiting for it, while the other stuff is cleaned up.

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
I've been waiting to get a 536 till the app comes out, the waiting is like a kid just before christmas...

Essexscan

Thx, UPMan for the reasons behind the answer. I would've/Have made the same decision. It's like worrying that the window tint isn't finished on a car but The Transmission isn't fixed. One definitely has priority over the other.

By the way My 436Hp is running like a Swiss watch and I'm sure the firmware will just be the icing on the cake

We do need to work on the power/battery section in the manual though

An Idea id would be easier if you updated pages in the PDF and then let us know which pages were updated then people who print the manual (like Me) can just reprint the updated pages and not the whole manual again. Basacially how automotive parts and service manuals are updated

Just a thought

John

Premium Subscriber
Personally I really would like to see the Analyze function sooner rather than later. It frustrates me that this was an advertised capability that for now is just not there. I hope it is out soon if not in the next release.

JamesO

UPMan,

Thanks for the update.

You may want to release it to a few owners to Beta test and get feedback?

Anyway, like anything these days, at least there is a firmware option and there are warm bodies working on it.

When the new firmware is release, please try to have a comprehensive list of fixes and new features and any carry over bugs just so everyone can know what to expect and look out for.

Will the Apps for iProducts and Android be released at approximately the same time frame?

AC2OY

Very good news Paul!! You guys are doing a very professional job in handling these issues. I and I think ALL of us x36 owners truly appreciate this!!!

lasertwist

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Root Hog, Idaho - Composite rhyolite dome
UPMan,

Thanks for the update.

You may want to release it to a few owners to Beta test and get feedback?

Anyway, like anything these days, at least there is a firmware option and there are warm bodies working on it.

When the new firmware is release, please try to have a comprehensive list of fixes and new features and any carry over bugs just so everyone can know what to expect and look out for.

Will the Apps for iProducts and Android be released at approximately the same time frame?

There is no way they are going to let just anyone beta,,, I have asked.. Twice.. No Reply of any kind :wink::wink: and I asked very nicely :eek:)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All updates go through beta testing through a geographically dispersed group that we have under NDA and for the most part have used for the better part of 10 years.

wise871

Database Admin
There has been little or no talk of the Analyzer feature. Any update on how that is working out? During the initial x36 announcement it was stated that the features in March would take advantage of the wifi capabilities. There was no mention of Analyzer no being included during the initial release. The x36 desperately needs some way of tracking and monitoring trunk systems and control channels seeing we don't even have CC Only in Custom Search. Thankfully I still have my XT scanners to perform those task.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Wi-Fi App

So..., will this work also with a PC screen in a base station environment?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We are only working on mobile apps. However, once the command set is finalized and implemented, we will release the non-proprietary specification so you'll be able to remote and stream to/from a PC using a third party application and WiFi (assuming application developers implement).

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
We are only working on mobile apps. However, once the command set is finalized and implemented, we will release the non-proprietary specification so you'll be able to remote and stream to/from a PC using a third party application and WiFi (assuming application developers implement).

Thanks!!

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Is there any update as to when the Siren iPhone app will be released? Haven't seen any updates in a month or so. I apologize if this is a repeat from anyone else's question I couldn't find...

mharris

Is there any update as to when the Siren iPhone app will be released? Haven't seen any updates in a month or so. I apologize if this is a repeat from anyone else's question I couldn't find...

The last update was on February 24th. I was also hoping to have a beta version to play with by now. But there is still another two weeks left in March:(

Status
Not open for further replies.