Contacting phone support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exivus

I've been trying to call phone support for 3 days and can't get through - running into the "call volume too high" message and then having it disconnected.

I got through now, but have been on hold waiting for 45 minutes. Still hoping someone will pick up.

Is this normal for Uniden?

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to call phone support for 3 days and can't get through - running into the "call volume too high" message and then having it disconnected.

I got through now, but have been on hold waiting for 45 minutes. Still hoping someone will pick up.

Is this normal for Uniden?

I would say so...yesterday alone was 43 minutes 30 seconds according to the call timer on my cell phone for one call that I talked to a rep. for aprox. 1 minute....rep. was polite and answered the questions to my satisfaction, so for me the wait was worth it....I guess
....they are not too quick on sending requested e-mail information either....that can drag on into a few weeks

I_am_Alpha1

I ordered an item from uniden.com on Sunday, then called them on Monday morning--45 minutes on hold. They said they couldn't cancel my order because it already shipped. 10 day later, it's still not here despite my address being within 1 day delivery via FedEx/UPS ground and 1-2 days USPS. I really don't want to wait on hold for another 45 minutes just to be told it'll get here when it gets here. Bottom line, don't bother calling.

kc2kth

Maybe, but why is that relevant? Isn't that the purpose of a customer service phone line?

I think we've learned over the years in many different areas of life that boards like this are a far more effective way to get support. If it can be answered on a board in a fraction of the time and effort as it takes to call a support number, why would someone choose to do that? Leave the expensive to provide support numbers for issues that can't be addressed via cheap crowd sourcing methods and pass that savings on to me by not charging me twice as much for the next version of a product in order to pay more phone operators.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Is there a scanner phone support number, and a separate one for all other Uniden products?

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
Is there a scanner phone support number, and a separate one for all other Uniden products?
I called 1-800-620-7531 reference my 996T ....I think this is the # for C.B's as well....calling 1-800-235-3874 will get you everything else.

Is it a question that can be handled here?
No, mine was not as well....unless you or someone else can explain why the front jack on the BCD996T is so weak that it breaks after being plugged into a very few times with care OR after fallowing the instructions given on the Uniden website to the "T" reference sending my scanner in for repair the first week of July ,I still have not got a SRO number....it was not till I made the call did I know anything....except for when they charged my bank acct. for the repair bill on the 14th.... so I knew that it had made it thru the front door at least.
it's o.k I don't expect an answer :)

Last edited:

LIScanner101

I called 1-800-620-7531 reference my 996T ....I think this is the # for C.B's as well....calling 1-800-235-3874 will get you everything else.

According to the Uniden website here are all the numbers:

To reach someone at the Uniden.com Online Store during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:30pm CST and 1:00pm-4:30pm CST) for help with an order, please call (800) 554-3988

To reach Uniden Customer Support by telephone during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:30pm CST and 1:00pm-4:30pm CST) please call (800) 297-1023

To order Parts and Accessories by telephone during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm CST and 1:00pm-4:30pm CST) please call (800) 554-3988

To reach the Repair Dept. by telephone during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:30pm CST and 1:00pm-4:30pm CST) please call (800) 620-7531

To reach the Accessibility Line by telephone during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm CST and 1:00pm-4:30pm CST) please call (800) 874-9214

Where did you get the 1-800-235-3874 number? That is not listed on the Uniden website. Also, it doesn’t state that any of these numbers are for a specific commodity. Therefore, if someone never heard of RR they would have to call Uniden, which is really the way Uniden should be directing customers to contact them anyway. Asking a member of this site is not listed as a method on Uniden’s official website. Said differently, I don't see anywhere on their site "If you cannot get through to our phone lines please ask your question on RadioReference.com".

LIScanner101

I think we've learned over the years in many different areas of life that boards like this are a far more effective way to get support. If it can be answered on a board in a fraction of the time and effort as it takes to call a support number, why would someone choose to do that? Leave the expensive to provide support numbers for issues that can't be addressed via cheap crowd sourcing methods and pass that savings on to me by not charging me twice as much for the next version of a product in order to pay more phone operators.

Since I've already proven here that (according to the official Uniden website) there is not a separate phone number for scanners, and another one for everything else, your suggestion would not result in Uniden passing savings on to you. It would only work if there WAS a separate #, and then they got rid of it. Also, as you can clearly see, there are MANY questions that have been asked on here several times and there has never been any answer to them. So, where does that leave the Uniden customer? In a lurch? Anyway, this is devolving into another Tavern thread so I'm done.

LIScanner101

the front jack on the BCD996T is so weak that it breaks after being plugged into a very few times with care

I agree that the tiny front jack on this scanner as well as on the 15XT is a weak spot. I'm being VERY careful with mine lest I damage them. A mini USB or even a micro USB would have been far better. After all, pretty much every non-Apple phone now uses the micro USB, it's a pretty robust connector. Alas, it is what it is.

Exivus

Is it a question that can be handled here?

It wasn't - calling for support on the specific aforementioned issues and to get information on returning it.

Thanks.

Yes, it was a very long hold time. Happy I just got through - wasn't able to even get through the past couple of days, and the reason for my original post (to see if this was the norm).

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
Where did you get the 1-800-235-3874 number? That is not listed on the Uniden website. Also, it doesn’t state that any of these numbers are for a specific commodity.

ahh ...at the risk of getting another nasty gram warning from some unknown moderator because I posted incorrectly....I should not have to prove that "I" am right...call the 1-800-235-3874 number and give it a listen ...be sure and press 1 for English ...listen ALL the way thru...

Here is the link to the page....click on "send item in for repair"
Product Repair

scroll down...you will come upon this paragraph...take note of the phone # given

• Your repair status will be available on the website once we’ve received your product and we have processed it into our system. It usually takes about 5-7 business days. You may check status by visiting our web site at Home at Uniden America or call our repair department @ 1-800-235-3874

That phone # provided me with the phone # (1-800-620-7531) that I actually made contact with a living, breathing human that was able to answer the questions that I had reference sending my scanner in for service work...

I wonder if this could be the reason behind what is going on....
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-owner-tech-support/292453-web-site-outage.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.