STARTECH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hello All.

Do I need this cable that I am providIng a link to in this message in order to be able to use the Virtual Control in Butel's ARC536PRO FULL version software? Can I buy this item from The Source store in Canada?

Thanks Sheldon.

The link will be in my next message.

se

HI.

Hi.

Cool. So does this cable allow you to use the virtual control in the ARC536 software? Does it actually replace the usb cable?

Sheldon.

lost_in_maine

Hi.

Cool. So does this cable allow you to use the virtual control in the ARC536 software? Does it actually replace the usb cable?

Sheldon.

Yes, it connects to the serial port on rear of 536..
You would still use the supplied USB cable for programming, and firmware upgrades...

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi.

Sheldon.

The cable in your link is not a NULL cable.
You can use that cable but will also need a null modem adapter or null modem cable with the correct gender on each end to connect to the rear port on the 536 and to the port on the cable in your link.

If you get the cable in your link, also purchase a female to female NULL modem cable.
That way you can use the startech serial adapter for normal serial devices without the NULL modem cable and then add in the NULL modem cable when you want to use the rear port on the 536 with ARC536.

lost_in_maine

Hi.

Do any of you know if there is a/are video(s) showing installing and use of this type of cable to a BCD536HP?

Thanks Sheldon.

Was fairly simple to install....Not sure of any video's, but all I did was install the driver,
then went into Sentinel, Edit Menu, Edit profile-location settings to change GPS baud rate to 115200...
Then make sure you write to the radio after....
If you omit this step, and then you write to the radio after, it will Default back to the previous rate in the profile which doesn't work... I also set my baud rate to 115200 on that comm port throught Windows device Manager..
I plugged it in, and Proscan saw it right away...same with ARC536
You still need to keep the supplied USB cable for editing of the db, and firmware upgrades

se

Nextech serial to usb cable.

Hello All.

I bought a 2 feet Nextech serial to usb cable today from The Source by Bell and it seems stubborn to connect to the port at the back of the BCD536HP (as if its not the right size). Is there an adapter I need to buy also? Is Nextech a good brand of this type of cable?

se

HI.

Hi All.

Sheldon back again. Is the Startech cable that I need Male to Female or Male to Male? Im gonna order one online and I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

lost_in_maine

Hi All.

Sheldon back again. Is the Startech cable that I need Male to Female or Male to Male? Im gonna order one online and I just want to make sure.

Thanks!
It is a DB9-male and terminates with USB at the end..
This link I sent you before is ALL You will need..And Amazon does ship to Canada...
Might even find it on Amazon.Ca

Amazon.com: StarTech.com 1 Port USB to Null Modem RS232 DB9 Serial DCE Adapter Cable with FTDI, Black (ICUSB232FTN ): Computers & Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.