BCT15: Scanner Won't Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello all,

I originally had my BCT15 in my car plugged into the cigarette lighter but one day I went to turn it on and all it does is make a small popping noise, (like the speaker powering up) once and nothing else. Moved it inside and used the wall power with the same result. Any suggestions as to what I could do to fix this. Thanks!

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
you fried something,..I had the same thing happen to my bct15x and my 996xt and thankfully it was under warrenty and I burnt out some resistors.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you feel comfortable opening the radio check the ribbon cable between the front panel and main board. These tend to work loose sometimes, especially in a mobile environment. Make sure it is properly seated.

Newer radios using the same chassis from Uniden have had glue dabbed on to help prevent this from occurring.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Also, if you still have the alternate power cable (the 3-wire one that plugs into the larger port on the back) try using that one, with the red to positive 12VDC and the black to negative. Leave the orange unconnected.

I have had a couple BCT15 coaxial power connectors go bad and saved a repair bill by using this connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.