Mobile 536 w/remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

gspivey

I have a 536 in my car but want to get as close to a remote head as I can with a winbook. I have tried the siren app but have problems with the AP mode not always activating when the radio is powered up. Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. Also, my trips are usually not that long, so by the time the program starts running correctly on the computer I'm almost at my destination. I've also tried wired alternatives but have the problem of the radio asking about mass storage or serial mode on power up when the cable is attached. I can't have the radio out of reach if pushing a button is required on power up. I'm wondering if someone has a successful installation of this type or if anyone has ideas on how I can accomplish this. Thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I too am experiencing the issue with the siren app not "re-engaging" with the scanner at start up. I believe Uniden thought they may have fixed this with the latest siren app release, but for me it isn't.

I've been "forcing" a reconnect by pressing Settings>Connection>Accept on the iPhone, which gets the app back running as it should. (Sometimes I have to wait a minute or two for my iPhone to "see" the scanner's wifi dongle. Don't know whether this is an iPhone issue or dongle issue.)

More of an inconvenience than a problem, however,

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
When I had the 536 in my vehicle, I abandoned any ideas of wireless or USB communication and used the rear serial connection with a TrendNet USB-Serial adapter in the Winbook's USB port (thankful for a REAL USB3 port on that device) and never had to worry about the power up selection.

ProScan virtual control worked just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.