BC-GPSK GPS Receiver Extension Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Does anyone know if Uniden Makes extension RS232 for the BC-GPSK ? I'm mounting my BCD536HP and the BC-GPSK is going to be tight fit

Thanks

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Hi, Does anyone know if Uniden Makes extension RS232 for the BC-GPSK ? I'm mounting my BCD536HP and the BC-GPSK is going to be tight fit

Thanks

I used a keyboard extension cable so I could mount my GPS outside my truck. Doesn't extend the power or RS 232 portions but it worked for me.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
An extension cable wouldn't be Uniden specific, rather it would be the basic RS 232 Male to RS 232 female. Probably can Google them, though this is "long in the tooth" technology cabling.

For what it's worth, I have my BC-GPSK inside my truck on the dashboard with the scanner in a center console. It receives GPS signals just fine.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I have my BC-GPSK inside my truck on the dashboard with the scanner in a center console. It receives GPS signals just fine.

I put mine on the dash of my Kia Sorento. Admittedly, the windshield is probably swept back a little more increasing the view of the sky but it works great.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for the help I talked to USGLOBALSAT, INC. and they sad they use the standard RS232 pinout and it seems that the BC-GPSK is clone of the BR-355 they said I can use DB9 to RS232 cable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.