New Bcd536hp can I use my Sentinel Favorites from my HP-2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
Sorry if this is a bogus question.

Can I use my Favorites in Sentinel for my HP-2 for my new BCD536HP?

I assume I will need to add Quick Key assignments to them since BCD536hp relies on them.
I didn't have to add those Quick Keys for the HP-2.

Any other info?

Thanks,
Rich

marksmith

Not directly, as the x36 favorites have a few more fields in the record. You can go thru a cut and paste, but its easier to just recreate them in the x36 program from the database.

Once you have x36 favorites lists, you can export them and import to hp2 as it will just ignore extra fields.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Voyager

Correct on the Quick Keys.

In HomePatrol Sentinel, export your FL to an HPE file (FILE / EXPORT TO HPE FILE), then in x36 Sentinel import it from an HPE file (FILE / IMPORT FROM HPE FILE).

Then add your Quick Keys and you're set.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks....

So should I have a second install of Sentinel for this new BCD536HP or can I use the same copy already installed for my HP-2.

Sorry for so many questions...

Voyager

Reference to posts 2 and 7, you both have things backwards. The OP wants to use his HP-2 files on his x36, not the other way around.

That said, the method I mentioned works in either direction. HP Sentinel will simply ignore the extra info such as Alert Light colors and Quick Keys.

kc2kth

Just to throw in another anecdotal example, I use the method Voyager describes to keep my 436 and HP2 in sync. Regardless of which I do first I simply export the new or updated FL and import into the "other" version of Sentinel. Never had an issue.

Voyager

I know this is not what the OP is asking, but I always "maintain" the x36 file and export to the HP-x so I don't lose my Quick Keys and Alert Light colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.