BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Help or suggestions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I am so livid right now, I can't think straight. I sent in a 'WORKING" 436HP for a clock repair. I received the unit back today and it will not even turn on. I plug it into the computer, nothing, put in brand new Duracell batteries fresh out of the package and nothing. Has anyone experienced this that can maybe tell me something I need to do to the radio or something that I'm not doing? I'm extremely upset right now and because of that maybe I am overlooking something.

Manny

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am so livid right now, I can't think straight. I sent in a 'WORKING" 436HP for a clock repair. I received the unit back today and it will not even turn on. I plug it into the computer, nothing, put in brand new Duracell batteries fresh out of the package and nothing. Has anyone experienced this that can maybe tell me something I need to do to the radio or something that I'm not doing? I'm extremely upset right now and because of that maybe I am overlooking something.

Manny

Maybe just a bad SD card.... and yes, that can prevent the scanner from powering up.

Take out the SD card, power it up again and see if you at least get an SD card error message.

If so, reformat that card or replace it with a new one... then use the "clear user data" function in Sentinel, and you'll be back in business.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
All that happens when I power it without the card is the screen goes white for a second and that is it! No display messages, no attempts at powering up nothing!

Manny

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
All that happens when I power it without the card is the screen goes white for a second and that is it! No display messages, no attempts at powering up nothing!

Manny

Is that the same thing it did when the card was in it?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes sir! nothing changed!

I'd still want to eliminate the SD card before considering other faults. If you have a card reader in/connected to your computer, try to access the card from Windows.

If you can see it there, re-format it then open Sentinel and "clear user data" (be sure to check the box that says "display all drives" on that window. If the process completes, put the card back in the scanner and see if it powers up.

If that gives no results, try the procedure with a different/new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.