BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Feature request: Display elements during DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHanson

I've been using my DMR upgrade quite a bit and have a feature request/suggestion for consideration.

One thing I do a lot is preprogram a favorites list with frequencies of a place I'm going to be for an extended period of time. For example, I know where I work they have DMR radios because I've seen them around. So what I'll do is lookup all of the licensed frequencies for a company and put them all in a conventional group as a favorites list. Then I'll just have the scanner scan that favorites list and have the recording function running. I've noticed a couple things when I do this on DMR frequencies.

First of all, where I work all of their talkgroups are encrypted but when looking at the scanner live, the ENC (for encrypted) covers up the DMR display so I can't see what kind of DMR system that it is.

Second, similarly when I play back later to see what got recorded, the DMR indication is not there on the screen making it impossible to know the type of DMR system if I wasn't constantly watching the scanner. I typically just leave the scanner recording for hours to play it back later to see what it discovered.

So my request is in two parts: If the DMR system is encrypted, don't let the ENC cover up the DMR system type. If there isn't enough display space to separate them, just have it alternate back and forth (ENC for two seconds and then the DMR system type for two seconds, or something similar). Also, save the DMR system type in the recording so that it can be viewed with all of the other DMR information when it's played back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.