BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Help w/manual prog. EDACS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxonly

Premium Subscriber
First time, trying manual programming on the 996 (with DMR installed), here with EDACS. I know it's complicated and have a Mac, so not using software.

Between forums here, easier-to-read guide and instruction manual, hit a wall. I can't find a way to enter actual frequencies. At one point, am asked for tgrp #, but no idea what that is (are none w/EDACS??). It's not even on the rr page:

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Trunking System, New York, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Would I enter values under "DEC,' "AFS"? Got to be a way to let it 'know' what to monitor.

Been scanning for decades including trunking w/Grecom, but this throws me.

Any help appreciated.

Best,

Alan

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
First time, trying manual programming on the 996 (with DMR installed), here with EDACS. I know it's complicated and have a Mac, so not using software.

Between forums here, easier-to-read guide and instruction manual, hit a wall. I can't find a way to enter actual frequencies. At one point, am asked for tgrp #, but no idea what that is (are none w/EDACS??). It's not even on the rr page:

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Trunking System, New York, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Would I enter values under "DEC,' "AFS"? Got to be a way to let it 'know' what to monitor.

Been scanning for decades including trunking w/Grecom, but this throws me.

Any help appreciated.

Best,

Alan

To program trunking frequencies go to the System level screen and click on "Edit Site" then "New Site then "Set Frequencies". Enter the frequencies and LCN's.

Drumbum

The DEC or AFS is talkgroup ID, there should be a selection option to read as DEC or AFS, if you want to temporary listen to the whole system before manually putting all of them in switch the ID Search on , this will let it find and monitor the ones you haven't programmed in yet

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

rxonly

Premium Subscriber
And for it to trunk properly, an EDACS system must be programmed with the correct Logical Channel Number or LCN. See that little number to the left of each frequency in the database entry? That's your LCN. Follow it exactly

This may also help...

Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual

Mike

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Yes, have followed the LCN protocol and also read Mark's easier site.

Best,

Alan

rxonly

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all replies. Getting there, but need more practice. I got the (Simulcast and WTC) P.A. NY-NJ frequencies entered. But, when scanning I can only hear one at a time, when on HOLD. That's like keying in one instead of trunking. Will keep at it.

Best,

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.