BCD 996xt control channel issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tick319231140

I am trying to find out how to lock on to a specific control channel .... my scanner will sometime auto lock on to 853.6000 then some time it goes away and shows NFM and I'm unable to hear anything in Prince William County Virginia.. please help so I can hear the channels constant wth no issues .. it is a mobile based radio with an external roof antenna... please help if you can or give me some guidance please....

kma371

QRT
I am trying to find out how to lock on to a specific control channel .... my scanner will sometime auto lock on to 853.6000 then some time it goes away and shows NFM and I'm unable to hear anything in Prince William County Virginia.. please help so I can hear the channels constant wth no issues .. it is a mobile based radio with an external roof antenna... please help if you can or give me some guidance please....

Sounds like a signal issue. If sometimes you hear it, then you don't, the signal might just be fading enough to lose the data stream.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand, when there is an obvious loss/degradtion of signal, the antenna system is often the culprit.

So might check for bad connections, corrosion etc. Also if you installed the connectors, you may have gotten the shielding in contact with center conductor. A continuity tester or meter can determine whether this shorting condition exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.