Uniden scanner audio mixing tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

K6EEP

I have 3 Uniden scanners. I wanted to mix all the audio via an audio mixer panel. I had problems that I traced to a lack of audio isolation in the scanner(s). I measured a 3 volt potential between scanner audio ground and mixer ground. So I put 600:600 Ohm audio transformers on all external speaker lines before they go into the mixer. That provides complete DC isolation. So for my 3 scanners I needed 3 transformers. The ext spkr line goes to the transformer primary. And the transformer secondary goes to the audio mixer.
Everything works great now!

AE8I

Feed Provider
Uniden Scanner Audio Mixing Tip

I also had been experiencing problems while using my three Uniden BCD996P2 scanners with a mixer. Audio for some or all scanners would randomly distort, degrade and/or disappear over time. I applied the fix recommended here and the problems disappeared.

Many thanks to K6EEP!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
This is nothing new. There are dozens of threads about ground loop isolators being needed when connecting Uniden scanner audio output to mixers, amplified speaker, computers, or other external audio devices.

Ubbe

What kind of mixers do you use?
The one I have, and all others for home studio usage, have balanced inputs without any ground loops.
I think mine was $100

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.