HP-2: Blocked or Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

vittoriomanuely

Premium Subscriber
Hello and a happy day to all !!!!when i turn on my Home Patrol 2 !!!! it give me a message that say :Remove Battery and External power for 1 minute,if problem persist,restore Data using Sentinel All Clear.
can some of the technician can send me information or help ?? i try Removing the Battery's for a minute or longer and the External power and again its does not work ? the second How i can restore the Data Using Sentinel All Clear?? by step please,with respect to all Radio-reference staff thanks.
E-mail: vittorioaor@gmail.com

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello and a happy day to all !!!!when i turn on my Home Patrol 2 !!!! it give me a message that say :Remove Battery and External power for 1 minute,if problem persist,restore Data using Sentinel All Clear.
can some of the technician can send me information or help ?? i try Removing the Battery's for a minute or longer and the External power and again its does not work ? the second How i can restore the Data Using Sentinel All Clear?? by step please,with respect to all Radio-reference staff thanks.
E-mail: vittorioaor@gmail.com

Your SD card has been corrupted..... There is a very simple fix for that error.

Connect the scanner to your computer in the Mass Storage mode with the SD card installed. Be sure you have installed a fresh set of batteries.

When connected to your computer, from the top menu in Sentinel, click "Home Patrol", then "clear user data", then check the box that says "display all drives". If the SD card is showing up there, select it and finish the "clear user data" process and then "write" to the scanner from Sentinel to restore your data, disconnect the scanner from the computer and let it re-boot.

If the SD card doesn't show up in the step above, or if you still get the error message, try reformatting the card using Windows with a card reader connected to your computer.... best to format using this program if errors continue:

www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

and then go back to the "clear user data" step above. If the SD card still doesn't show up, or if you still get the error message, replace the card with a new one, and then start again at the the "clear user data" step above..

marksmith

Tip -

The above should work.

However the question is how long. Usually once the format crashes, it is likely to continue to periodically crash, even if you reformat the card outside the radio with a formatting program.

If it fails again soon after doing the above procedure, get yourself a new SD card.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

vittoriomanuely

Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol 2 still Locked.

i disconnected battery....Electrical surge....the SD card do not Appear in the menu......i try to Format the SD card with a site a Radio-reference professional and nice person give me ??? i have a doubt if i make it Right or not ???.....But i put a brand new SD card and try to make the steps they give me to the sentinel site and still give me the same message !!! take the battery out and so and in sentinel it don't reflected the SD card??? and this HP 2 is Brand New with less than 2 hours of use...and all this came Because i am from Anasco west coast Puerto Rico and Trying to find the frequency's of my town and west coast P.R.,and i mix sentinel with Butel software that i purchase and don't know how to use Either programs !!! i am so shame and dissapoint at the same time with my self.......i Also buy a AOR 8200 D but is more super complicated for me!!!! i only need a good person that help me and or Knows the frequency's of Anasco my town police so i can put them directly and that's it!!!! i spend more than $2,000 USD in scanners Extra programs and this is the most Funny.....i still in the same Mode i still don't here my town Anasco??? don't know if is in the 400MHZ or 850MHZ, sorry Radioreference people and staff but is Emotionally a bad feeling for me i disappoint my self. but at the same time a have a feeling this was part of the game to learn it in the best way thanks and Blessing to all.

DocColorado

Premium Subscriber
Had same problem

I too had the same problem with a recently received HP2 scanner.

I could not get the scanner to get past the error message saying my SD card was in error and
to remove the battery.

It WOULD NOT come on in storage mode as suggested.

So how I got around this was to mount the SD card on my computer w/o using the scanner.

I formatted it FAT32

Then I loaded up Sentinel, did Clear User Data, show all drives, the mounted SD card appeared,
and I cleared it.

Then I did a write to homepatrol, the same SD card and it loaded in a bunch of default stuff,

and I reinstalled the SD card in the HP2, and it worked like a champ!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
i disconnected battery....Electrical surge....the SD card do not Appear in the menu......i try to Format the SD card with a site a Radio-reference professional and nice person give me ??? i have a doubt if i make it Right or not ???.....But i put a brand new SD card and try to make the steps they give me to the sentinel site and still give me the same message !!! take the battery out and so and in sentinel it don't reflected the SD card??? and this HP 2 is Brand New with less than 2 hours of use...and all this came Because i am from Anasco west coast Puerto Rico and Trying to find the frequency's of my town and west coast P.R.,and i mix sentinel with Butel software that i purchase and don't know how to use Either programs !!! i am so shame and dissapoint at the same time with my self.......i Also buy a AOR 8200 D but is more super complicated for me!!!! i only need a good person that help me and or Knows the frequency's of Anasco my town police so i can put them directly and that's it!!!! i spend more than $2,000 USD in scanners Extra programs and this is the most Funny.....i still in the same Mode i still don't here my town Anasco??? don't know if is in the 400MHZ or 850MHZ, sorry Radioreference people and staff but is Emotionally a bad feeling for me i disappoint my self. but at the same time a have a feeling this was part of the game to learn it in the best way thanks and Blessing to all.

Hi. I do not know how to fix the scanner issue; at least not this one. But do not get disappointed with this and just throw the scanner in a closet. You have a really good scanner and its most likely a simple fix. Once you get it working, try using the Sentinel Software to program. It is very easy to learn and easier to use. Do you have anyone living where you do that can help you? Can you call Uniden Tech Support from where you are? Keep at it; you'll find the answer.

I would not suggest giving email on the posts; members can access your email thru the contact page. Greg

PS: Have you looked here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=fle&stid=57&en=Puerto Rico State Police

This looks fun also: https://forums.radioreference.com/c...frecuencias-para-escaners-en-puerto-rico.html

Last edited:

vittoriomanuely

Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol 2-still locked or Block

Good morning and a blessing day to forum and technical staff !!! With respect i have month with this problem and the last time a reicieve instructions from the forum to go to sentinel and restore the data but it don't work !!! and i change the card with a new one and still do not work ??? the same information appear.....take out battery's and wait for a minute or unplug it....sorry i answer to long many things happened and now the Hurricane maria hit us really badly....my respect to all and god bless all the good team work and staff thanks. my E-mail is vittorioaor@gmail.com

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Good morning and a blessing day to forum and technical staff !!! With respect i have month with this problem and the last time a reicieve instructions from the forum to go to sentinel and restore the data but it don't work !!! and i change the card with a new one and still do not work ??? the same information appear.....take out battery's and wait for a minute or unplug it....sorry i answer to long many things happened and now the Hurricane maria hit us really badly....my respect to all and god bless all the good team work and staff thanks. my E-mail is vittorioaor@gmail.com
Try this one more time. It is better to use a card reader for initial formatting & setup, since that eliminates any issue of connecting the scanner to the pc, with the card still installed.

With the scanner off, remove the card from it. (You should be doing this with your new card, not the original.)
Insert the card in a card reader. You can find these on Amazon, and at most office supply or electronics stores that deal with computers, cell phones, etc.

Insert the reader, with the card inserted, into your pc (please advise if you are actually using a Mac, not a pc, as the procedure would be different).

Format to Fat 32, using this utility: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

Once the format is complete, leave the card (in the reader) inserted into your's pc's USB port.
In Sentinel, use the 'Clear User Data' under the 'HomePatrol' drop-down menu. If the card is not shown initially, be sure to check the 'Display all drives' box so that it will show up.

Once that is done, leave the reader inserted in the computer's USB, and select 'Write to HomePatrol' from either the drop-down HomePatrol menu, or click on the small icon with an arrow pointing down to a small HP. That will load whatever Favorites lists you have selected to the scanner.

Once that process is complete, first select the eject device icon that should show in the lower right hand corner of the pc's screen. It will look sort of like a USB connector with a green circle around a check mark. Select the drive that represents your card and it's reader. (Unplugging a card without correctly ejecting it causes it's own problems, so do that first whether using a card reader, or using the 'mass storage' mode with the card in the scanner.)

Once you get the prompt that you can safely remove the device, do so, then reinstall the card into the scanner, insert the batteries, and try powering it up.

If you still get the same error, then either your new card is likely defective, or there is some failure in the card slot of your scanner.

If the above works, you're back in business. It's a good idea to keep a spare card handy. Card issues seem to be at the root of most problems seen with the various scanner models that use the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.