BC436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wernham

Hey guys,

Just curious If you can add channels without plugging into a computer? If so how do you do it?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Just edit the favorite lists that you want to add a system, department, talkgroup or conventional channel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's possible, but pointless, especially for trunked systems. It's far faster and more convenient to program the scanner from a computer.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to split the difference here. If you are away from a computer and want to add just one or two channels to an existing Favorites List, then Menu>Manage Favorites and scrolling to the applicable "stuff" works fine. If you have add Systems/Departments or numerous channels, its more efficient to do it on a computer.

The critical thing to remember is if you have the Favorites List on your computer, be sure you use Sentinel after you make the change via menu on scanner and do a "Read from Scanner" so that the added channels are included with your computer files. Otherwise, they could get lost in a shuffle.

Drumbum

Once you get it down good its very fast, I have added whole systems that I have found on the fly, I usually only put the name of the system and then when I'm near a computer add the talkgroups, the alpha numerics are the time consuming part if your in the field adding a system, everything else is pretty quick.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Wernham

Thanks guys, I was just going to the local stock car races and wanted to add a few team simplex channels

Status
Not open for further replies.