Sentinel not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeBinLA

When I try to open Sentinel I get a "Sentinel stopped working " message. Have already tried deleting it and reloading. HELP

Mike Barry

MikeeBinLA

Sentinel stopped working

Tried second posters link, frankly I didn't understand any of the tech jargon.
Was kind of hoping Paul (UPman) would have entered in by now.
PS:
Called Uniden and they couldn't even help me.
PPS:
Seam to remember someone sending me some Driver links that I used on another PC??

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what the issue is, but it seems to be very specific to your setup. Beyond that, I know not.

phask

Premium Subscriber
With all due repsct, you have a PC issue, not a Sentinel issue. Find a compenten, trusted PC repair person/shop.

I'd print all the thread I posted above for them. Also - advise that the proper Net framework needs installed (unsure which version is required).

PS:
PPS:
Seam to remember someone sending me some Driver links that I used on another PC??

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
PS:
PPS:

This is what fixed it for the OP in the thread you were referred to. Use Edge or IE when clicking the link as Microsoft disabled Chrome(and maybe other browsers) on Microsoft links. Also Sentinel uses dot net framework 2.0

Maybe the "user.config" file is corrupted. Check out this link.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/956762

The path "Documents and Settings" has changed in later Win. versions. Go to "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Uniden"

I would delete the folders starting with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe_Url" Inside the folder is "user.config" file. Restart Sentinel and the folder and the user.config file should recreate.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Was a update unit failed error which has already been addressed in the Firmware 1.16 Forum and Sentinel is now working properly.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Was a update unit failed error which has already been addressed in the Firmware 1.16 Forum and Sentinel is now working properly.

Next time don't hijack someone else's thread or else you will be looking at an infraction.
Thread closed.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.