Rolling back firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Greetings. I have 1 396XT which previously had Firmware 1.08.14 and I updated to 1.11.01. Now it will not track VA State STARS system worth a damn. It takes longer to capture a control channel, will bounce around from "NFM" to a totally different CC, Back to NFM then back to the original CC. While on a control channel, I have a PRO 197 programmed to the same system. The PRO 197 has the telescoping whip set at 15" and the 396XT has a tuned 2M ham duck, so they are on a similar footing antenna wise. The PRO 197 will be having traffic while the Uniden, in the same part of the house, will show a control channel but no traffic. I am now missing > 2/3 of the radio traffic which was not the case before the update. Since it worked fine before the update and now won't, I have to assume it was something with the update. How can I roll it back to 1.08.14 as it is pretty much worthless now for the STARS. Thanks in advance.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

rolling back firmware

I should also probably explain the STARS is a VHF multisite trunked system for the state of VA. Tracking it can be problematic but not like this.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

Thanks for the reply......actually have tried that. Have used a tuned 2 meter ham, a RS 800 antenna which works well with VHF, another RS antenna, long and thick at the top....don't remember which one it is, and a Watson super Gainer. Before the update it was pretty much working well on any antenna I tried. Also, when it does capture and hold a control channel, I get 4-5 bars but it is not decoding the data stream as my other scanner is picking up transmission and the Uniden is not while holding the control channel.

Eugene KG4AVE

Badboy536

I have Noticed that the firmware 1.10.00. Is the best firmware for my area.
Its The best at decoding with The most consistent and with lowerest error rates.
I used the latest firmware for a while it was sometimes Unusable.i put 1.10.00
Back on no problems ever since.and I have 2 396xt both with the same results.

Eugene

Badboy536- Thanks. Did that and did not seem to make a difference. Need to go back 1 more to 1.08.14 which is the last version which worked. As you don't get that as as a choice with the Uniden updater for the 396XT it may not be possible but I was hoping there was a way to access earlier updates somehow.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

eorange: Glad to know I'm not the only one. I see UPman stated you could not apply this with the latest BC_VUP updater. I guess now the question is, were you able to get a an earlier version than the v3 BC_VUP3 (BC_VUP_v3_03_00.zip) as this seem to be the only choice given? Thanks for your help.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

Firmware rollbak

eorange: I thought I sent a reply earlier but apparently did not. I did finally get it rolled back.....was a tiresome process, partly due to computer issues on my end ("dude...I got a Dell). Anyway thanks for your help.

Eugene KG4AVE

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Glad to hear. When I got my 396XT, I upgraded to v11, but it was so bad that I immediately rolled it back to v10.

Status
Not open for further replies.