BCD325P2 / BCD996P2 Major Improvement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Released this morning v1.07.07. This update applies the following improvements to both models:

• Support hang time after voice termination in trunking DMR systems
  • Support private voice grant message in Capacity Plus
  • Improved the reception sensitivity of all digital systems
  • Speed up scanning of DMR systems
  • Support RAS detection in Tier 3 (including Capacity MAX) and DMR One Frequency systems
  • Fixed the issue of P25 band plan
  • Modified to not display "LNK" by receiving terminator in staying on P25 control channel
  • Fixed the issue of displaying false DMR TGID
  • Modified detection criteria of encryption in Capacity Plus
  • Strengthen track of voice slot in DMR One Frequency systems
  • Added recovery processing for the missing of avoidance TGID in DMR One Frequency systems
  • Modified judgement criteria for Hytera XPT

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I am seeing a bit of a loss on P25 LSM systems. It was coming in quite nicely under 1.07.06. Now with 1.07.07 I am seeing a lot more errors in P25 voice quality. It still seems to prefer P25 Thresh Hold of 6 but there is definitely something funny with this firmware I may role back to .06 . :confused: It maybe atmospheric conditions tonight but I should be getting clearer audio than I am.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Sound is good here..and it seems to be following the rest channel on the TRBO cap+ system I'm trying to figure out much better.. should say this is on a 325p2..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Well you know what they say, radio signals in the Chicago area are a bit like the weather. if it isn't great just wait 15 minutes LOL . Usually on my 325P2 Tower 101 and 149 (Dupage and Chi N/NWCD) are usually clear as day when I am sitting in my second floor office at my house. Tonight after installing the update things are getting a little more fluttery than usual. I have set the thresh hold (P25) to 6 and 7 ( it was usually best at 6 ) and both are acting similar in terms of audio. I have another 325 in my truck. So I guess I'll give them the side by side test tomorrow to if the old firmware on my second 325 makes things better or worse with a more definitive testing method.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
A side by side? Oh do please shoot video! I'm really curious to see the results!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Off-topic comments deleted.

If you have a question about any other Uniden products, please start a new thread or find an existing thread that's more suitable for your question.

Please and thank you.

manlius

Premium Subscriber
Well you know what they say, radio signals in the Chicago area are a bit like the weather. if it isn't great just wait 15 minutes LOL . Usually on my 325P2 Tower 101 and 149 (Dupage and Chi N/NWCD) are usually clear as day when I am sitting in my second floor office at my house. Tonight after installing the update things are getting a little more fluttery than usual. I have set the thresh hold (P25) to 6 and 7 ( it was usually best at 6 ) and both are acting similar in terms of audio. I have another 325 in my truck. So I guess I'll give them the side by side test tomorrow to if the old firmware on my second 325 makes things better or worse with a more definitive testing method.

Keep in mind that there was a CMEa day and a half ago so the atmosphere is going to be a bit goofy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milcom_chaser

Does this firmware update address the Phase II control channel only searches not decoding voice?

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I'm not seeing any improvement on patches, I still get dispatch on one channel and the reply on another. Also yeah why didn't they make the threshold permanent? That would have been really useful it still has to be set everytime i turn the damn thing on. Ugh!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.