BCDx36HP P25 Patch Following...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
There was a thread about this a while back and it kind of died about two years ago in 2015 if I remember but I wanted to mention it again. I just want to put it out there again for the Uniden gurus to see that a very welcome addition would be P25 patch following. I feel sure I'm not the only who would love to see this added. I know the Whistler units can do it so I know the fine folks at Uniden surely would want to have that as well :cool:. I know where I am there's constantly patched talkgroups and it can be a pain to keep having to switch around to find the "master" group to follow the traffic. I can say that this (and maybe louder volume) is really the only thing left on my wish list for these units.... Well NXDN too but that's another topic. PLEEEAAASSSSSEEEEE Uniden geniuses if you can make this happen you'll be my heroes. And you will get the satisfying feeling of converting a long time GRE/RadioShack/Whistler user over to the ways of Uniden. :)

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have also brought up the P25 patch issue several times, and Uniden has been silent. Someone mentioned that it might be a patent issue.

JamesO

Has this issue even been acknowledged? Meaning did Uniden ever say they have this on a TODO list?

If there is a Patent or technical incompatibility, say so, if it is on the TODO list and we are working on it, say so.

While the forums may be a fine place to discuss some of these issues, is there a more "formal" way to submit issues to be looked into and addressed directly to Uniden? This should/could even have a portal or way for users to see that a specific issue has been placed at least in a "Review" status so maybe the same issue does not get submitted over and over again. I believe another vendor has more formal way for bugs, issues and wishes to be submitted for follow up and possible corrections/updates.

Might be worth model specific Bug/Improvement/Update thread(s) be started if they are not already started. It seems most thread tend to be more problem specific than a model specific thread then with a break down of specific Bugs/Improvements/Updates.

Seems like a better way to address some of these issues could be put together?

Silence is not an ideal way to handle issues like this either,

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
I would think that if it were a patent issue then Whistler wouldn’t have that feature in their TRX line. And that Uniden wouldn’t want the competition to have something they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasby

You bring up a great point.

If I could choose one major improvement my 436 needs (other that simulcast reception), its the patch capability.

It's a real bummer and a ding on the scanner because my state police use patches all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.