BC346XT: XTC - new and HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgon

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so, new to the forum... and this is probably covered somewhere, but I cant seem to find it.

I am a total beginner with this stupid thing. Bought it on Amazon and I have no idea how to use it. I pretty much want to use it to scan family radios and I have no idea how to program it to do so. Is there an easy tutorial? I've heard of programs to program it? Please, I need all the help I can get!

Thank you!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok, so, new to the forum... and this is probably covered somewhere, but I cant seem to find it.

I am a total beginner with this stupid thing. Bought it on Amazon and I have no idea how to use it. I pretty much want to use it to scan family radios and I have no idea how to program it to do so. Is there an easy tutorial? I've heard of programs to program it? Please, I need all the help I can get!

Thank you!
Hi Jeff
Welcome to RadioReference

There is an easier to read manual, which does have step by step programming instructions, and a lot more:
Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual
(The only difference between the 346XT and 346XTC is that the was modified to conform to California requirements as to power supply and battery charging.)

For additional information, see these Wiki pages, as well as the links on them:
Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Category:DMA Radios Hints and Kinks - The RadioReference Wiki

Category:programming FAQs and Tips for Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

DMA Scanners and Software - The RadioReference Wiki

FreeSCAN software will work for your scanner, and is free, as the name implies. The FreeSCAN user guide is in the Wiki, as are these tips.

For FRS and GMRS, see this as well as Family Radio Service - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.