BCD325P2/BCD996P2: DMR detection during CUSTOM SEARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Guys, I'm baffled. BCD996P2 /w firmware 1.07.09

Problem: DMR is NOT detected whatsoever during custom search

Resolution: Full reset of BCD996P2. I'm now able to custom search AND detect DMR systems properly

Problem 2: When I load my Freescan DB into the BCD996P2 it breaks the above issue. No matter what setting I change it will NOT detect DMR during a custom scan.

Now I looked at my Freescan DB and the only thing that was off (compared to the full-reset default of firmware 1.07.09) is the 400ms default wait time; however, when I changed this on the scanner directly, it still didn't resolve the problem. Nothing worked until I did the full reset.

Question: could Freescan be killing my DMR somehow? Or is this simply a scanner setting?

Notes: I looked for a long time and couldn't find anything that would fix this... I know for DMR detection (in the past) I had to set the modulation to AUTO or it wouldn't detect. (The firmware default is also AUTO modulation.)

ChrisABQ

All you have to do is have the scanner hooked up to your computer and click the "Read from scanner" option to transfer out of your radio to ProScan. Then you can modify till your hearts content.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
All you have to do is have the scanner hooked up to your computer and click the "Read from scanner" option to transfer out of your radio to ProScan. Then you can modify till your hearts content.

Presuming there's a setting that isn't screwing up the DMR. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I have Proscan trial already but prefer the simplicity of Freescan. Too bad the author gave up on it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Freescan does not support DMR. If you've upgraded your radio to have DMR capability, Proscan is your best option.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Make sure CTCSS/DCS Search hasn't been turned on. That would lock it to analog only transmissions.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Make sure CTCSS/DCS Search hasn't been turned on. That would lock it to analog only transmissions.

Grr that was it. Thanks UPMan. Freescan has that setting buried in its Close Call section... so I missed it. Is this a design issue then? Instead of making it a global setting perhaps it can be done per custom search bank? That would make it much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.