Channel selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodnarp

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but I am a newb to the 536hp. I have the Salvation army programmed into the scanner. How do I go to that system and just select a single channel to listen to within the salvation army list.
thanks

N9RMA

Go to the fav. list { I assume you have one for the salvation army} Press the channel hold button then use left scroll knob to tune the freq. you want. 73 Bob N9RMA

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking for a way to "jump" to a specific channel, typically one of your "favorite" channels, I'd suggest using Number Tags.

It's a little work to set up, but I have several channels number tagged and it's been very helpful to me. This would be done in your Favorites List editing software such as Sentinel.

Here's what you need to set up: One is a Favorites List Number Tag - I use the FL's Quick Key number for ease of remembering. Next a System Number Tag is set, again I use the System's Quick Key for ease of remembering. Lastly a Channel Number Tag is set.

These three things constitute an "address" for a specific channel. It's sort of like the address for a house: house number, street name and city.

Once you have made those initial settings, using Number Tags goes like this: Press Channel to stop scanning. Then press the Number Tag "address", the format is FLNT.SNT.CNT (periods are needed as they are separators for parts of the address). Lastly press Channel again to complete the jumping process and you'll be on the desired channel.

As an example, let's say I have a Favorites List with a Favorites List Number Tag of 1 and in that Favorites List is a System with a Number Tag of 0. Withing that System I have a Channel with a Channel Number Tag of 5. So I would press Channel, then 1.0.5 then Channel again.

Status
Not open for further replies.