New @ this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhenry1st

BCD536HP...I need some help. I just got my scanner. Set the time and date. Then I put it in the area code. Set the range 20 and 0 miles. It is scanning appreciate any help I can get am not receiving anything.

Jhenry1st

Thank you blood and roses. Out of the box I set the time and put the zip code in and then I put the range in but it went into scan. And not receiving anything

Jhenry1st

fire and police ohio 45601

out of box set time then zip code .scanning but not getting anything so after I set fie and police still nothing as if some is not turned on maybe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I shut everything off but fire and police

There is your problem. Many areas dispatch fire and ems on the same channel, so it is listed as Multi. Turn every service type on, and turn them off one at a time as you verify that what you hear is not of interest.

Jhenry1st

that is what i did just like in the video time zip code but i did not get anything his worked like is suppose to do i read the startup first wanted to make sure i did everything rite b4 i did anything thanks ofd8001

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I just now noticed your location.

The first thing you should have done is download the latest database version, as well as the latest firmware. If it is a new scanner it may not have the updated programming for Ross County.

Ross County recently switched to the Ohio MARCS-IP P25 system. Make sure the scanner is scanning that system and it is not avoided. The old analog frequencies are no longer used. Reduce your range to zero. Hold on the system if the scanner it is scanning other outlying areas.

I pick up Ross County on the south side of Grove City on my HP-2, and I can actually receive them in downtown Columbus on my Unication G4.

Last edited:

Jhenry1st

yes sir i did that also after i was not picking anything up i know about the switch i was going to buy the 436 hand held i have another scanner PRO 94 radio shack with trunking on it but can not pickup anything on it that is why i got it i knew they were go to switch over i used to live in Grandview i used to go roller skating in Grove City i was up there Thurs spent the nite and took the scanner with me but could not pickup anything Thanks for trying to help me Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.